AFN 4x4 Front bumper

franciscoapg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew FX4
Here is some better pics... Still need to swap out the lights for some better stuff...

AFN airport.jpg

AFN airport 2.jpg

AFN  airport 3.jpg
@Desert Rider fair point--thanks for the note!

@dangeranger, would you be able to share what kind of wheel/tire combo you've seen run with the bumper? I'm looking at running a KO2 in 285/75/17 , (3 inch fox lift up front / 2 inch OME in the back) and wonder what offset wheel/potential trimming was used to run that in the truck at the show that Desert Rider mentioned.

Also, would you have updated pics of the bumper in production form? I know the LEDs changed, but also wonder if it's shipping with mounting holes for the proximity sensors and what the final finish looks like (it's not as glossy as shown on the truck above, right?)
Sponsored

OP
OP
dangeranger

dangeranger

First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4 runner , 1999, XJ, 1999 Audi S4, 1996 f150 prerunner, 1984 Audi UR Quattro
@Desert Rider fair point--thanks for the note!

@dangeranger, would you be able to share what kind of wheel/tire combo you've seen run with the bumper? I'm looking at running a KO2 in 285/75/17 , (3 inch fox lift up front / 2 inch OME in the back) and wonder what offset wheel/potential trimming was used to run that in the truck at the show that Desert Rider mentioned.

Also, would you have updated pics of the bumper in production form? I know the LEDs changed, but also wonder if it's shipping with mounting holes for the proximity sensors and what the final finish looks like (it's not as glossy as shown on the truck above, right?)
it is shipping with the sensor holes and it they have the updated turn signals pictured below.

SEMA2019p0009 177.jpg

franciscoapg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it is shipping with the sensor holes and it they have the updated turn signals pictured below.

SEMA2019p0009 177.jpg
Thanks, that's good to know. Any idea on the tires and possible trimming work done to fit the 285/75/17s that @Desert Rider mentioned he saw on an AFN-accessorized truck at Overland West? I'm not sure if that truck was an AAC truck or not, but wanted to check with you since I'm hoping to run the same size (285/75/17) tire, and this is one of the few mentions I have heard successfully running that on the Ranger

OP
OP
dangeranger

dangeranger

First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4 runner , 1999, XJ, 1999 Audi S4, 1996 f150 prerunner, 1984 Audi UR Quattro
Thanks, that's good to know. Any idea on the tires and possible trimming work done to fit the 285/75/17s that @Desert Rider mentioned he saw on an AFN-accessorized truck at Overland West? I'm not sure if that truck was an AAC truck or not, but wanted to check with you since I'm hoping to run the same size (285/75/17) tire, and this is one of the few mentions I have heard successfully running that on the Ranger
Sorry for the delay here.. All we had to do was remove the crash bars.. The black truck runs a 295 and needed a little trimming..

franciscoapg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry for the delay here.. All we had to do was remove the crash bars.. The black truck runs a 295 and needed a little trimming..
Thanks for that info! Just to confirm, is the black truck running a 295/75/17 (34.4")? Just want to make sure I'm understanding correctly, since if instead of a 75, it's running a 295/70/17 (33.3"), then it would be running a shorter tire than the 285/75/17 (33.9"), but need trimming to fit, vs. the other truck that only needed crash bars removed?

OP
OP
dangeranger

dangeranger

First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for that info! Just to confirm, is the black truck running a 295/75/17 (34.4")? Just want to make sure I'm understanding correctly, since if instead of a 75, it's running a 295/70/17 (33.3"), then it would be running a shorter tire than the 285/75/17 (33.9"), but need trimming to fit, vs. the other truck that only needed crash bars removed?
the black truck runs a 295/70/17

OP
OP
dangeranger

dangeranger

First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good to know! I should be ordering the front bumper this week. Excited to be able run 285/75/17s with it! Can you just confirm that with a ~3" lift and no crash bars, the 285/75/17s didn't rub?
Correct... It shouldn’t rub as long as your not running some crazy wide offset wheel or huge spacers. The bumper won’t be the problem the fender liner behind the wheel will.

Deepworker

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xlt fx4, 1974 Ford Bronco
Anybody running this on their US ranger?
Is there is easy access to the Winch Freewheel lever?
Thanks

franciscoapg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anybody running this on their US ranger?
Is there is easy access to the Winch Freewheel lever?
Thanks
I'm running it and have been really happy with it so far. I even thought I would have to relocate the winch controls on my Warn VR10s, but ended up being a tight but great fit. Here's a picture of the winch clearance:
IMG_0308.jpg

Post-install
IMG_0312.jpg

The lever on my winch can be accessed easily from the top. There is an access port on top of the bumper, behind the right side of the raised light mount. It's really easy for me to flip the lever. Plugging in my winch remote is a little tougher, but still doable. Thankfully I will be able to just run wireless most of the time to avoid having to deal with that. There is also another access port on the other side. Alternatively, and depending on your winch setup, the grilles in the front to each side of the fairlead can be pulled off for access.

OP
OP
dangeranger

dangeranger

First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm running it and have been really happy with it so far. I even thought I would have to relocate the winch controls on my Warn VR10s, but ended up being a tight but great fit. Here's a picture of the winch clearance:
IMG_0308.jpg

Post-install
IMG_0312.jpg

The lever on my winch can be accessed easily from the top. There is an access port on top of the bumper, behind the right side of the raised light mount. It's really easy for me to flip the lever. Plugging in my winch remote is a little tougher, but still doable. Thankfully I will be able to just run wireless most of the time to avoid having to deal with that. There is also another access port on the other side. Alternatively, and depending on your winch setup, the grilles in the front to each side of the fairlead can be pulled off for access.
Nice! Your install looks great! Glad you like the product!

Deepworker

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xlt fx4, 1974 Ford Bronco
IMG_0308.jpg

Post-install
IMG_0312.jpg

Who did you order the bumper from?
are you satisfied with their service?
Thanks

franciscoapg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Who did you order the bumper from?
are you satisfied with their service?
Thanks
Hey @Deepworker, I ordered from @Stage3Motorsports, and they were great as usual. I was their first order for this specific bumper (at least of that batch), so they had to reach out to the supplier to actually confirm they had it available, but once that was all set, the bumper was at my door.
Sponsored