OP
OP
Superdannyboy

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
Alright guys so I hope this helps to list each thing connected to the bed.

The process of removing the bedsides for me started with leaving the bed in the truck and removing all of the spot welds I could get to especially on top after removing the 2 black plastic pieces, then with only spot welds along the back of the bed in between the cab it was time to remove the bed.
PXL_20210330_175530717.jpg

The process to remove the bed is as follows:
  1. Unbolt 6 (or 4) bolts holding bumper and unconnect the harness that's connected to it.
  2. (Optional) Remove the tailgate
  3. 2x Unbolt 2 screws holding each taillight and pull harness out of taillight. (This was easier for me instead of disconnecting the taillight further down the connection)
  4. Unbolt 6 bolts holding the bed
  5. Tape around the gas assembly housing and use a flat head around the edge and under the rubber to pop it out (I did it at the bottom right). It will hang so pull the rubber off of the main tube where you pump gas. There is a little tube connected to the housing at the bottom so just slightly pull that out.
  6. With the gas assembly housing removed you can stick a little 5/16 wrench into here to remove a bolt that is connecting a bracket that holds all of the gas lines to the bed.
    PXL_20210330_155237858~2.jpg
  7. Now the only thing holding onto the bed are 4 "bolts" per side in the wheel well. I used my spot weld cutter right in the middle all the way through each to get the wheel well liner free. (And remove all plastic screws with a phillips in the wheel well)
    PXL_20210323_203652927~2.jpg
    PXL_20210323_203645764~2.jpg
  8. Check to make sure no wired are connected to bed
  9. You can remove the bed and remove the last spot welds

PXL_20210330_155648175.jpg
Sponsored

Steve23

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Software Engineer
And tbh, the bumper looks so much better in person than on the internet.
I feel like that's the case with a lot of aftermarket stuff. They just do a photoshop on a rendering of a ranger and they just don't look right.

OP
OP
Superdannyboy

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I feel like that's the case with a lot of aftermarket stuff. They just do a photoshop on a rendering of a ranger and they just don't look right.
Really? That doesn't sound good lol

Steve23

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Software Engineer
Really? That doesn't sound good lol
At least I’m getting that feeling with some bumpers since that’s what I’m currently looking lol. The ones that are actual installed photos look so much better

dannewps

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
What's up man! I remember you because I kept a tab on my internet where you had your truck for westin with the wide body and I would tell myself one day! You also swayed me to get the westin bumper without even knowing it. And tbh, the bumper looks so much better in person than on the internet.

Sooo, I actually have the KO's in 285/75r16. It looks like 315/75r16 should clear up front so I'll be getting those within a year. My plan is to get a bed cage and add 2 vertical spare carriers to the cage as far back and as close to the sides of the bed as possible to fit up to 35's. I've also been looking at general grabber all terrains but I'm not sure if I could put the white on the inside. Anyway, I'm sticking to all terrain tires because it's common for me to hit 100 or a little above on the express lane so I need the R rating. I haven't looked into yokahamas yet, how do you like them?
I love hearing that! I love the Westin bumper as well. As for the tires, I love my X-A/T's. I drive up and down the freeways all day long for work in Southern California. I will not disclose my speed, but lets just say they are perfectly fine! You cannot hear them at all. They are APG's preferred tire of choice when making each new build. Cannot wait to see your build continue!

OP
OP
Superdannyboy

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I love hearing that! I love the Westin bumper as well. As for the tires, I love my X-A/T's. I drive up and down the freeways all day long for work in Southern California. I will not disclose my speed, but lets just say they are perfectly fine! You cannot hear them at all. They are APG's preferred tire of choice when making each new build. Cannot wait to see your build continue!
Yea man they look nice and I like seeing your build grow!

OP
OP
Superdannyboy

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update alert!!

I got the bedsides on this weekend!
Ok so around the tailgate, you definitely need to make cuts, but I'll get to that.

As for the fit from rear to front, I thought I wasn't going to be able to get it to fit. If I got the rear on by where the taillights go, then I would come up short at the front where it is supposed to wrap around by the cab, and if I started at the front by the cab I came up short by the taillights. So I started at the taillights and used a flathead to get the glass around the bed by the cab and wow what a tight fit I mean screws or epoxy aren't even necessary, but I did drill some holes and put bolts through. I was impressed by how tight a fit it was.

Now by the tailgate I cut some material off but I will need to sand some more before I have it all painted.

And the gas hose doesn't reach the housing assembly so I will need an extension.

The first picture is how it looked coming up short by the cab, I eventually got the glass to wrap around.
PXL_20210402_192533255.MP~2.jpg

PXL_20210402_231011067.MP.jpg

PXL_20210404_150124184.MP.jpg

PXL_20210407_010601654~2.jpg

Ericrcif

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariant FX4
Occupation
Retired
Wow, that's a lot of work.

OP
OP
Superdannyboy

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow, that's a lot of work.
Yea, I did spend a lot of time on both the front and back seperately, mostly weekends, 5 hours here, 8 hours there. I get excited and impatient and when I get new truck parts I just have to get them on lol. I am surprised I was able to pull it off, before this I had 0 experience with body work and honestly it just all fit together very well so anyone like me can do it lol

OP
OP
Superdannyboy

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so I went with fiber werx on my setup, but did you guys extend the gas tank filler and or make any inner fender liners yet?

11E856CA-F7EC-42A8-A283-FF2389911AB6.jpeg
So no I haven't done either.

For the gas hose extension there is a video by APG

and they show how they add an extension at 11:30 in the video.

I know Advanced Fiberglass Concepts has some liners for other trucks, not sure if they are developing some for the Ranger.

I personally won't put any liners or any adhesive to the bedsides because I will eventually remove the bed and 4 link it and up front I want an engine cage too so I'll be removing even more of the guts lol. But that's like 5 years from now.

I haven't found what type of material to get for the hose extension and I havent measured the OD yet.

dannewps

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
For me, not too bad. I’ve heard for the ADV it’s more of a pain since it’s a larger flare
From ADV Website and APG Website, the @APG is actually half an inch wider

APG:
- Carbon Fiber Driver Side Front Fender (5” Flare & 1.5” Rise)
- Carbon Fiber Passenger Side Front Fender (5” Flare & 1.5” Rise)
- Carbon Fiber Driver Side Bedside (5” Flare & 1.5” Rise)
- Carbon Fiber Passenger Side Bedside (5” Flare & 1.5” Rise)

ADV:
4.5" Flare 2" Rise
Sponsored