Muffin1

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
They are fulfilling them as direct offers. Not a terrible solution to a bad situation.
Agreed, as for me I haven't heard from my dealer about my order getting cancelled, (yet) lol.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
FWIW, I saw a Ford commercial on TV last night where they are offering a $1500 rebate (along with any other available offers) if you factory order any new Ford. They were pushing the fact it is the best way to get exactly what you want.

In my 50 years of buying new vehicles I have never seen a manufacturer push factory ordering. It has always been incentives to buy existing inventory.

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
Am I misunderstanding, are they offering rebates on top of already current rebates/deals?

I currently have a $2,000 rebate, article says $1,750, so would I lose $250 or gain additional $1,750?

Last edited:

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
My understanding of the commercial was if there was currently a $2000 rebate and you do a factory order you would get another $1500 or $3500 total.

I find it odd that with all the vehicles that are built waiting on chips that they would be incentivizing folks to order a vehicle that has to be built verse offering rebates to clear out in entire.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
FWIW, I saw a Ford commercial on TV last night where they are offering a $1500 rebate (along with any other available offers) if you factory order any new Ford. They were pushing the fact it is the best way to get exactly what you want.

In my 50 years of buying new vehicles I have never seen a manufacturer push factory ordering. It has always been incentives to buy existing inventory.
Yep. There are doubters here but Ford and the other automakers keep telling us this is the direction they're going and it makes sense for them all as far as a business; anytime you aren't building and holding inventory that you'll have to take a cut in profit or sell at cost, that's better. Obviously right now it's all FUBAR but once they get the process figured out, customer orders is the way of the future. My buddy is the sales manager for a Dodge/Jeep dealership and that's the direction they've been told they'll be heading in two years as well. They'll have demos/mules for test drives but the days of dealers filling lots with a couple of loaded cars and then hundreds of vanilla models are coming to a close.. Honestly I prefer it if they can get the lead times down; I hate going to the BP page for a vehicle, selecting the various options I want, and then finding out that you can't actually buy that vehicle off a lot because every dealer takes the same three safe versions.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
Am I misunderstanding, are they offering rebates on top of already current rebates/deals?

I currently have a $2,000 rebate, article says $1,750, so would I lose $250 or gain additional $1,750?
If it works the same as the last "2021 don't cancel your order" they ran, you'll be able to add it to your existing. I had $2500 at time of order and they added the $1000 on top of it. These "please don't leave us" rebates are usually retroactive. Any other retail incentives open to the general public that come after ordering will be a this/that scenario; you can keep what you had at order or what's available at delivery.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Yep. There are doubters here but Ford and the other automakers keep telling us this is the direction they're going and it makes sense for them all as far as a business; anytime you aren't building and holding inventory that you'll have to take a cut in profit or sell at cost, that's better. Obviously right now it's all FUBAR but once they get the process figured out, customer orders is the way of the future. My buddy is the sales manager for a Dodge/Jeep dealership and that's the direction they've been told they'll be heading in two years as well. They'll have demos/mules for test drives but the days of dealers filling lots with a couple of loaded cars and then hundreds of vanilla models are coming to a close.. Honestly I prefer it if they can get the lead times down; I hate going to the BP page for a vehicle, selecting the various options I want, and then finding out that you can't actually buy that vehicle off a lot because every dealer takes the same three safe versions.
Over the past 50 years the vast majority of new cars I have purchased were factory orders. I have always been "I want what I want" and won't settle kind of guy.

When I was younger my budget got in the way of buying off the lot. The vehicles that had the options I wanted also had thousands of dollars of things I didn't want so the alternative was to order. The 6 to 8 week wait for an ordered car was a pain when you are anxious but I never had buyers remorse. These days you can look at the inventory online of every dealer in the country so finding what you want is easier without a factory order. Our 14 Dodge Dart came from a dealer about 200 miles away and was exactly what we wanted. My 13 Focus ST came from a dealer about 50 miles away and my 15 Ecoboost Mustang came from a dealer about 250 miles away. In each of these cases the dealer made the arrangements and went and got the car. When I was looking a new Mustang in 17 I spent an hour and a half looking at inventory up and down the eastern seaboard and didn't find what I wanted. The sales manager said why not just order the car so we did.

The 21 Ranger is the first time I have ever bought a vehicle off the local dealers lot which also had a bunch of options I have never considered important. I actually went to see the Cyber Orange Rangers they had but once seeing the color in person I wasn't impressed but the Carbonized Grey Lariat with the Tremor graphics certainly caught my eye. I especially like the darker magnetic grey of the bumpers, fender flares and wheels against the lighter carbonized grey. Made my deal and hear I am.

The only other off the lot vehicle is my wife's 21 Jeep Cherokee. She had hit a deer that totaled the Dart and was not willing to drive my old beater Dakota while waiting for an order. Just happens the local Jeep dealer had taken a 21 Spitfire Orange 80th Anniversary Edition Cherokee in a trade with another dealer. The only settling on this vehicle was the lack of factory nav. But a wireless carplay adapter for Uconnect made that an acceptable compromise since it had everything else she wanted.
Sponsored