First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Semi-retired engineer
Has anyone added an external amp to their 2023 (non B&O, 8 inch screen) audio system yet? I had a 2020 XLT (non B&O, 8 inch screen), and adding an amp to that system was straightforward. I used the T-harness from Amazon or EBay (FOR 11-CK) to tap the OEM head unit’s speaker outputs.

Now I have a 2023 XLT model (non B&O, 8 inch screen). I read on the forum recently that the head unit’s connector is different on the 2021 and on (3 rows of pins instead of the 2 rows on the ‘19 & ‘20). If that’s the case, the FOR 11-CK won’t work. Can someone confirm this? If so, where can I purchase a T-harness?
Sponsored

ccasanova22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT Tremor
I would consider wiring directly to the speakers in the doors instead of using a T-tap as they may not last as well as a direct connection. Heat shrink and a strong physical connection has always worked better for me vs any T-taps or “quick connects” that only seem to go 5-6 years before they loosen up and become intermittent.

OP
OP
CashSeeAO

CashSeeAO

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Semi-retired engineer
I would consider wiring directly to the speakers in the doors instead of using a T-tap as they may not last as well as a direct connection. Heat shrink and a strong physical connection has always worked better for me vs any T-taps or “quick connects” that only seem to go 5-6 years before they loosen up and become intermittent.
For clarification, I am referring to T harness (not T taps). Here is the T harness I used on my 2020 XLT.

03FE7E2B-1B19-40B7-B87D-0CE69547A18B.jpeg

ccasanova22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT Tremor
My bad, didn’t realize there was a T harness available for the earlier trucks. My only experience has been using the factory speaker outputs and using a line level converter and/or processor to get your line level signals at the amp.
Sponsored