First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
I’m having a difficult time viewing and posting using Safari browser on the iPhone. Ads keep rotating making my screen jump. It’s more than annoying. It breaks the functionality of the Ranger5G forums.

I installed an ad-blocker a while back and it “fixed” the problem. However, the ad-blocker has stopped working. I have been trying to “fix” the issue for a few weeks now, with limited success.

My best option is to run the ad-blocker and “request desktop site” in the Safari settings. My issue with that is I can only find setting to apply this mode for all sites, not just to Ranger5G.com.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Sponsored

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
I switched to firefox on my android, already used it on the pc. with the add ons they have available for pop ups and youtube i have had zero issues (for 6 months and counting) It did not work as well with the youtube app but once i deleted it and login to youtube.com via browser , no ads and no mid video ads yaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

OP
OP
LoneRNGR

LoneRNGR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
I’m sitting at an airport fiddling with all the settings. There is a second switch to activate content blockers. It seems like it is working.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Using Adblock plus on an Iphone with safari. Works like a charm. Long ago I had the same issues, but not anymore!
Sponsored