StezenW

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Magnetic; 1998 Ford Ranger XLT 5-Speed Emerald
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone successfully relocated their adaptive cruise control module behind a chrome Lariat grill?

I did so recently using the Fab Fours relo kit, but it is still saying sensor blocked. I have read on some of the F150 forums that sometimes if you have the chromed grill (which I do) it interferes with the ACC module as though it's totally blocked. The grill is plastic like the others, so maybe the chrome finish messes it up.

Seen photos of members who have relocated their ACC with OTHER Ranger grills, but wanted to see if anyone with the OEM Lariat chrome grill has done so?
Sponsored

OP
OP
StezenW

StezenW

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
**Update**

Confirmed the fab fours relocation bracket position has issues with the chrome lariat grill.

Added two 8 inch straight braces to the bracket to bring the adaptive cruise control module down so that it sits in between the lower bezel and the lower bar and not behind any chrome pieces. Finally it is now working. Just a heads up for anybody that relocates their cruise control module with the chrome Lariat grill.

Bzmustang13

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
@StezenW do you have any pics of your bracket mod? Can't quite picture how you extended it down. I do not have the chrome grille, but ordered the Fab Fours and would like mine to sit further down also. Or at least I think I do. I bet my raptor-style marker lights in the grill will bother it without dropping. Thank you.

OP
OP
StezenW

StezenW

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@StezenW do you have any pics of your bracket mod? Can't quite picture how you extended it down. I do not have the chrome grille, but ordered the Fab Fours and would like mine to sit further down also. Or at least I think I do. I bet my raptor-style marker lights in the grill will bother it without dropping. Thank you.
I used two of these fence brackets from Lowe's - attached one end to the FabFours bracket and the other to the ACC module.

1624977756272.png

Photo below is the top of the FabFours bracket, this is where the top of the stainless steel fence bracket attaches to the fab fours one

47.jpg

This next photo shows where the fence brackets attached the ACC module.

78.jpg

And here you can make out the two of the fence brackets (silver) running down from the FabFours bracket to the where the ACC module now sits

45.jpg

Let me know if that clears it up.

Bzmustang13

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Ah, makes perfect sense now thank you! Any issues with how it reads?

I have the same set up as you, minus the chrome, so this should would well. Will try it this weekend if the bracket gets here in time.

Much appreciated.

OP
OP
StezenW

StezenW

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ah, makes perfect sense now thank you! Any issues with how it reads?

I have the same set up as you, minus the chrome, so this should would well. Will try it this weekend if the bracket gets here in time.

Much appreciated.
Only issue is it slightly favors the right side so when making gradual left turns on the highway (it will pick up cars in the lane to the right of me). So it will take some fine tuning with where it's pointed (both up/down and left/right).
Sponsored