First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Don't know if anyone else has noticed this. I have my music library on a USB drive. When I use the SYNC media player Gracenotes Doesn't recognize the artist in the MP3 tags and changes it to someone else. An example is for the artist Lobo it changes it to Los Lobos, even if both the artist tag ans the album artist tag say Lobo. Another example I have the album "Long lonesome Highway" by Michael Parks, it changes the artist to Paul Michaels. Don't beat on me for my music taste, mine are very eclectic. I like just about anything but rap.

Has anyone else noticed this or maybe have a fix.
Sponsored

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
Don't know if anyone else has noticed this. I have my music library on a USB drive. When I use the SYNC media player Gracenotes Doesn't recognize the artist in the MP3 tags and changes it to someone else. An example is for the artist Lobo it changes it to Los Lobos, even if both the artist tag ans the album artist tag say Lobo. Another example I have the album "Long lonesome Highway" by Michael Parks, it changes the artist to Paul Michaels. Don't beat on me for my music taste, mine are very eclectic. I like just about anything but rap.

Has anyone else noticed this or maybe have a fix.
Yep, it happens with some of my lesser known artists. I switched off the Gracenotes Management option and just embedded my own album art with all of my media. That way it's showing my tag info.

OP
OP
Big Blue

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Yep, it happens with some of my lesser known artists. I switched off the Gracenotes Management option and just embedded my own album art with all of my media. That way it's showing my tag info.
Thanks I'll give that a try.
Sponsored