Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Just finished getting the "top" pieces out and away, no broken tabs, no lost screws/bolts...so far.
I'll remove intercooler after lunch and drain radiator as I move to undo radiator and condenser.

I had forgotten about the two side clips on the grill and couldn't (for the life of me) see what was holding it back. Decided I would take a look at manual just to double check, sure enough...duuuhhh!

IMG_1735.jpg

IMG_1736.jpg

IMG_1737.jpg
Sponsored

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Bret (@Porpoise Hork ) and Mike (@Polaris130 ),

Another question for you two if you don't mind.

Is there a secret to getting the air lines to release on the intercoolor after you release the springs?

I undid the hose on the back end and that took the hose pick to loosen a bit and then I could twist/pull off. But the front can't twist because of the guide pin for the metal ring.

Thanks.

Polaris130

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Hi Bret (@Porpoise Hork ) and Mike (@Polaris130 ),

Another question for you two if you don't mind.

Is there a secret to getting the air lines to release on the intercoolor after you release the springs?

I undid the hose on the back end and that took the hose pick to loosen a bit and then I could twist/pull off. But the front can't twist because of the guide pin for the metal ring.

Thanks.
Make sure you fully released the metal c clip and then wiggle it out. As you force it out pull and push upp and down

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Am I the only one that thinks it's BS this isn't getting fixed under warranty?

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Make sure you fully released the metal c clip and then wiggle it out. As you force it out pull and push upp and down
Well, that was a neat trick, took all of two seconds to unhook.

Thanks again :like:

OP
OP
jdmorrow

jdmorrow

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Supervisor Lockheed Martin
Am I the only one that thinks it's BS this isn't getting fixed under warranty?
FoD is going to aftermarket stuff so that wouldn’t be warranty and as for me and my original post I caused the damage to the condenser myself. It wasn’t anything warranty should’ve covered at that point especially with me removing the skid plate and adding the 6” lift.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
FoD is going to aftermarket stuff so that wouldn’t be warranty and as for me and my original post I caused the damage to the condenser myself. It wasn’t anything warranty should’ve covered at that point especially with me removing the skid plate and adding the 6” lift.
I would pull the fuse on the AC circuit so you don’t run pump accidentally and fry it too!

OP
OP
jdmorrow

jdmorrow

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
I would pull the fuse on the AC circuit so you don’t run pump accidentally and fry it too!
thanks. I’m already back up and running. Took me about 25 minutes to swap the condenser and then Firestone leak checked and filled the system. That cost me an arm and a leg but I still came in well under what Ford quoted me.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
thanks. I’m already back up and running. Took me about 25 minutes to swap the condenser and then Firestone leak checked and filled the system. That cost me an arm and a leg but I still came in well under what Ford quoted me.
Out of curiosity what was the refill charge. I can imagine it’s a wince moment

OP
OP
jdmorrow

jdmorrow

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Out of curiosity what was the refill charge. I can imagine it’s a wince moment
Well the total was $550 to refill. I think it was $17.99/oz for the refrigerant and $120 for them to leak check and service it. It was a wince moment for sure but I still got it all done for half of what Ford quoted me and a lot faster.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Well the total was $550 to refill. I think it was $17.99/oz for the refrigerant and $120 for them to leak check and service it. It was a wince moment for sure but I still got it all done for half of what Ford quoted me and a lot faster.
One of the reasons I was asking about not having to disconnect the condenser. If it works out, more mod money:crazy:

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
So, today got the intercooler out, radiator fluid drained, hoses disconnected, radiator unhooked and best of all, condenser unhooked but still fully connected. Removing the fan shroud gave plenty of room to tilt back the radiator and with the intercooler out, condenser was right there...release the tabs and slide up until loose and then sit down in well. Rubber connection lines allowed the "slack" necessary (tilt radiator/condenser assembly into fan area maybe 4-5").

Only "HUGE" issue was trying to find the lower shroud bolts/nuts that the manual, directions and Ford parts said was there. Turns out it is not a threaded clip nut, nor a bumper bolt, but just a plastic snap in that depresses for release. After a couple of hours screwing around trying to feel the bolt head, I finally got my wife's mirror to see what I was not...took two minutes after that to release the shroud and pull out from the bottom.

Intercooler out

IMG_1738.jpg

parts pile with top shroud out now
IMG_1740.jpg

Shroud's out, hoses gone, radiator unhooked and condenser unhooked from radiator.

IMG_1741.jpg

stay turned for further adventures of "What the Hell?!"

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Radiator's out now, had to take air inlet off air box, don't remember seeing that anywhere either, but certainly gives room to lift out radiator and move condenser slightly left to do so.

IMG_1742.jpg

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Today's adventure so far:

Tagged everywhere that something was unhooked/removed.
Installed bottom radiator hose and connected to engine under throttle body.
Installed new intercooler (right side) elbow.
Installed radiator.
Connected condenser.
Thread chased a radiator bung for bottom shroud mount.
Have to wait for sun to move now...

IMG_1744.jpg

Another view
IMG_1745.jpg

Radiator/condenser installed/mounted.
IMG_1749.jpg

Todays exciting issues:

Set screw for condenser top mount wings: passenger side is a "finagle" as the AC lines hinder direct screw in.

Check radiator bung threads beforehand - (4): had issue with one of bottom shroud ones and it was a staller.

Overall, Mishimoto's quality is excellent; shipping & packaging are excellent!

More adventures to follow. :like:

jitsujerry

First Name
jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
On Saturday my AC started blowing warm. Took it to the dealership today and they said the AC Condenser has a hole in it and needs replaced. They want to charge me $1400 to replace the condenser. Does that seem like an OK price? What all is involved in replacing it? I'm extremely handy with replacing things I just haven't had to replace an AC condenser before. Thanks for any help.
5,000miles on a 2020 model, so far the dealership has changed both lines and condenser and finally some cold air, hopefully that's it lucky it's under warranty.
Sponsored