$750 incentive announced for 2019 Ford Ranger (XLT or LARIAT) order

Smithers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
just received my rebate via snail mail... i thought i was going to miss out on this.

in other news, i hate my dealer. he's a slimy rat and made some off-color comments to my wife last time we went in, plus he has lied to me every time ive seen him. i know car salesman arent moral talismans but some common decency isn't too much to ask. how do i go about ensuring that my order is in and that i can pick it up from another dealer?? this rat face showed me a print out but on it was printed "not an invoice". i live in NY but is there any way i could have it delivered to NH so i could avoid paying sales tax? if not there is another (if more distant) local dealer near me, so i could settle for that. i simply do not wish to deal with this guy. either way, any suggestions?
I could be wrong but I'm pretty you pay sales tax based on where you register the vehicle not where it's bought.

As for the dealer problems, why not just go to another dealership? I certainly wouldn't give him my business.
Sponsored

blackdog

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 f150 flareside
I could be wrong but I'm pretty you pay sales tax based on where you register the vehicle not where it's bought.

As for the dealer problems, why not just go to another dealership? I certainly wouldn't give him my business.
ah, i see. well, how do i go about changing my order to be delivered to another d'ship?

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
ah, i see. well, how do i go about changing my order to be delivered to another d'ship?
Just cancel it and go to another dealership. As obnoxious as this guy sounds, I doubt he would be very receptive to having it delivered somewhere else. If you don't like a dealership or salesman, take your business elsewhere.

blackdog

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 f150 flareside
Just cancel it and go to another dealership. As obnoxious as this guy sounds, I doubt he would be very receptive to having it delivered somewhere else. If you don't like a dealership or salesman, take your business elsewhere.
ah, shoot. so that means it wont come until much later? i was content on waiting til mid january.

blackdog

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 f150 flareside
is there no way that i could keep the order and change destination?

Smithers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
If it was a Factory Order (Custom build) then you would not have got it until likely March anyways. If it was a stock order you were getting then you could call around to dealerships and see if they have any of their stock order allocations available to buy still.

You would need to ask your (or another) dealer about keeping the current order and changing the destination. I know it's possible but I don't know how it works.

kep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
No worries, it wouldn't be there by mid-january if you had it delivered by air. ;)

skibuff

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Escape / 2019 Ford Ranger XLT Lighting Blue
Looks like you may get an incentive (cash voucher?) for attending the Ranger drive tour? Hopefully that stacks on top of the $750 incentive here?
I'm not sure if it's the same deal but the voucher I got at my local new car dealers show was a $50 gift card for a test drive.

kep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Ford is sending another round of $750 incentives today. I got one and so did my wife.

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape
Ford is sending another round of $750 incentives today. I got one and so did my wife.
Good information to know. I've already advised my better half to stop tossing advertisements away and to specifically be on the lookout for anything from Ford.

kep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
It is just a guess, but it looks like this one is coming to anybody that registered to win a 2019 ford ranger on the ford ranger site.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
It is just a guess, but it looks like this one is coming to anybody that registered to win a 2019 ford ranger on the ford ranger site.
By mail or email?

kep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
By mail or email?
We both got an email about 8:30 this morning. That is the second one my wife has got, we used the first on on my ranger. The offer is not transferable.
Sponsored