5" Rectangular Running Boards - Cheaper to wait?

DrRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Taurus, 2019 Ranger XL (May 20)
Occupation
Retired
Another question. what is the ford part # for supercab? Different from crew cab?
I was just going to ask this. Number must be different since they will be shorter, I guess.
Sponsored

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase

DrRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Taurus, 2019 Ranger XL (May 20)
Occupation
Retired
Re-centered them after this photo was taken (I put them on after a few beers so were too far forward)...just in case you are interested in how they look on the Ranger....these are the Dee Zee's...personally, very pleased especially with the finish on them! Additional note - these are VERY simple to install @ home, all holes and brackets are perfect match and took about 45 mins for both sides!

20190315_181421.jpg
I really like those. Do you know if they make them for the SuperCab? Just need a step for the front doors.

David Schuster

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4; 1969 Torino GT
Look just like mine. I agree, they are super easy to install and I love the fact that the steps are adjustable.

Ranger.jpg
Chris/DHare:

Could you measure the step height from the ground for me on the Dee Z's? I have to use a portable step for my Mom to get in when I take her for appts/etc. Any others know of boards with a relatively low step?
Thanks...
Dave

ekraus

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
This is interesting. Jim Vreeland Ford parts price for KB3Z-16450-CC Running Boards is $304.44. That's the best price i found.
The shipping is $244.08. Totaling $548.52. So now I am back to square 1.
UPDATE
Called a local dealer.
$399 -10%+ tax No Shipping. Says he can have them next day.
$384.23
Ordered them 7/26, picked up the last pair 30 minutes later.
Took about 45 minutes to put them on.

Running Boards.jpg

Last edited:

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Installed Saturday.
IMGP0037.JPG
IMGP0038.JPG
IMGP0040.JPG
Hi HPRZ

Very nice looking. Okay..Step bar back story....

We decided to to a Ranger Edge. A 4x2 on a 4x4 frame to give it the 4x4 look. The Edge would come with a step bar similar to yours Thus we dealt with the assembly plant in Edison New Jersey where the Edge would be assembled. The plant hated the thought of having to assemble a step bar and fought us all the way to production as a step bar is unwieldy.I went to the plant for launch and they tried to bar b que me. Guess what...The vehicle was a hit and the outside contractor that figured out how to incorporate this on line did their job. Take away was that the plant manager did not like it, so the answer was Do Not Build.

I had to stand firm that they WILL build it. Take away is that one opinion, in this case the plant manager, cannot derail a feature that was endorsed by the customers that purchased the Ranger Edge.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retierd

REF214

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Student
The hardware( 12 13mm hex bolts) should come in the box. Here is the crew cab running board installation instruction sheet.
Hello. I see you say 12-13mm hex bolts as shown in diagram but do you happen to know the name of bolt and thread size? The bolts that came with runners are the right size but I want to add a spacer to make them lower but need longer bolts. I can not find the correct thread at hardware stores.
Sponsored