3rd brake light question

Truthofval

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
So I have a 2019 ford ranger lariat, was told this 3rd brakes light was a direct fit, the connector on the back of the oem light is smaller than the one with the new, is the bigger one I guess why people pull down their headliner in the back? Don't want to mess with the liner unless this is the case. Thank you for your time and knowlegde!
1000000043.jpg
1000000044.jpg
Sponsored

fjwlobo

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCREW
If I remember correctly. If you look in the two openings you should see a push in wire holder sticking through. I believe the connector you need to use is attached to it. You need to push it out. Then you should be able to pull enough through the opening to disconnect it and plug in the one for the new brake light. Once you make the connection; let it dangle so you can see it from inside the cab and make sure the brake & bed light works. Be sure to reattach the holder before you secure the light so it doesn't rattle in the overhead.

OP
OP
Truthofval

Truthofval

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
If I remember correctly. If you look in the two openings you should see a push in wire holder sticking through. I believe the connector you need to use is attached to it. You need to push it out. Then you should be able to pull enough through the opening to disconnect it and plug in the one for the new brake light. Once you make the connection; let it dangle so you can see it from inside the cab and make sure the brake & bed light works. Be sure to reattach the holder before you secure the light so it doesn't rattle in the overhead.
Yeah decided to try and found that out haha thanks man
Sponsored