Jackson84

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport/2015 Chevrolet Traverse LT
Occupation
Critical Care Flight Paramedic (Active U.S. Army)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in the Georgia area and got a quote for 20% on all windows and 35% on the windshield from a very reputable shop here and was quoted 300 for everything. The only more expensive option was ceramic tint which I was told helps a bit more with the UV rays
Sponsored

Jackson84

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport/2015 Chevrolet Traverse LT
Occupation
Critical Care Flight Paramedic (Active U.S. Army)
Vehicle Showcase
If 3M tint is anything like there Military grade ear plugs it won't work for shit anyways! Lmao...let's hope their 3m N95 respirator masks work as advertised lol

BuckinBronco

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2017 Chevy SS
Got my supercab tinted at south bay for the same price with the same setup. I have no complaints, I have the same setup on my Chevy and the windshield tint didn't ruin my view of the HUD.

I only went with 40% on the sides in an attempt to avoid getting tickets.

Kickin45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Occupation
None
Owned a tint shop in Lk Havasu, AZ for many years.
without a Dr.s prescription against sun damage to your skin, tinted windshield is HIGHLY illegal.
$10,000 ticket and auto impound. If you get a power trip cop, they can arrest you for reckless endangerment as well.
Best of luck

OP
OP
DannyL

DannyL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT CA Special. Ordering a Ranger Lariat FX2 Supercab in February 2020
Got my supercab tinted at south bay for the same price with the same setup. I have no complaints, I have the same setup on my Chevy and the windshield tint didn't ruin my view of the HUD.

I only went with 40% on the sides in an attempt to avoid getting tickets.
Awesome!! Would love to see some pics of your supercab with the tint!

Owned a tint shop in Lk Havasu, AZ for many years.
without a Dr.s prescription against sun damage to your skin, tinted windshield is HIGHLY illegal.
$10,000 ticket and auto impound. If you get a power trip cop, they can arrest you for reckless endangerment as well.
Best of luck
I hear what you are saying but the level of tint I am talking about is so light it will be difficult to see that it is tinted at all even close up.

If it came down to that I have Dr. friends. I'll get that prescrip and get it written off

OP
OP
DannyL

DannyL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT CA Special. Ordering a Ranger Lariat FX2 Supercab in February 2020
Here are a few shots of a very dusty truck all thanks to the wind around here.

IMG_20200518_174610.jpg

IMG_20200518_174615.jpg

IMG_20200518_174626.jpg
THANK YOU!!!
Exactly the amount of tint I am looking for.
Nobody will bother us with that tint!

OP
OP
DannyL

DannyL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How old are you? You aren't getting cataracts, are you? I started noticing glare from oncoming headlights at night that I'd never seen before. Went to my eye doctor and sure enough, beginning to cataracts in my left eye.
I am 62
Funny you should say this but I had cataracts in both eyes.
I had surgery to correct it in my right eye. Left will happen sometime after this COVID-19 BS is over

OP
OP
DannyL

DannyL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here are a few shots of a very dusty truck all thanks to the wind around here.

IMG_20200518_174610.jpg

IMG_20200518_174615.jpg

IMG_20200518_174626.jpg
So you had this for a while. How do you like it so far? My truck is due to be delivered in a couple of days. This is the first thing I want to have done.

BuckinBronco

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2017 Chevy SS
So you had this for a while. How do you like it so far? My truck is due to be delivered in a couple of days. This is the first thing I want to have done.
It's been good to me, I use the remote start and the car isn't blistering hot when I get in it. I also use my sun shade when parked for long periods of time though.
On long road trips I don't feel my arm burning up, as I do in my mom's vehicle which has no tint.
Sponsored