Air80 Clear Tint

Mpro2

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xlt
Anybody else tried this stuff? My buddy has done it several times, and swears it's the best mod that he has ever done. Down here in Texas, it makes a world of difference during the hot months. Said that his truck interior is about 20 degrees cooler during the summer. His F-150 cost him around $180 to have it installed.
Sponsored

forceofnature

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT with RC 6" Lift
Anybody else tried this stuff? My buddy has done it several times, and swears it's the best mod that he has ever done. Down here in Texas, it makes a world of difference during the hot months. Said that his truck interior is about 20 degrees cooler during the summer. His F-150 cost him around $180 to have it installed.
I have just had installed the 3M Crystalline 70% full front window. 35% side window, and 15% Rear Windows. It is not hot here in MD yet so I can't yet comment on its heat reduction efficiency however their demo shows an excellent reduction. The cost for all-around tinting was over $600

Ed Venture

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I have heard the good things about Llumar Air from others here in Austin. I just had it installed on the windshield and the rear windows and the rear doors . The front doors already had a basic tint put on at the dealer that closely matched the rear. As an experiment I left the dealer installed tint on the windows for to compare. Now it's not crazy hot here, but on a clear sunny day you can feel a noticeable temperature difference between the front and rear door windows. We will see how it works out when it really starts heating up. Regardless - I will be taking it back to have them strip the dealer tint and put on Llumar Ceramic tint to match before the summer.

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
Yes I have installed and used Llumar Air 80 window film on tons of cars and houses. I still need to do the windshield on my Ranger when work slows down, but it will be getting done. I have had Air80 on the windshield of my past 2 trucks, and currently have it on the windshield in my S2000. It really makes a big difference in the amount of heat coming through the window. But the beauty is that it is so light that you hardly even notice it is there. If someone installed this window film for you and didn't tell you, you would never know. It will also save the dash/seats/interior from fading and getting damaged by the sun's UV rays. Totally worth it.

Ed Venture

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
FYI - If you are using a dashcam with a circular polarizing filer, you will get some rainbow effect in your video with the Llumar 80 film. There effect can be seen with polarized sun glasses as well, but its not AS noticeable since lenses tend to be linear polarization, not circular. You only catch a little bit at the edge of your window with sun glasses.

Best,

Ed

Dashcam Polarized Filer - Llumar 80 film.jpg

Rene Michaels

First Name
SOLD IT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew 4X2 5' Box Lariat
Yes I have installed and used Llumar Air 80 window film on tons of cars and houses. I still need to do the windshield on my Ranger when work slows down, but it will be getting done. I have had Air80 on the windshield of my past 2 trucks, and currently have it on the windshield in my S2000. It really makes a big difference in the amount of heat coming through the window. But the beauty is that it is so light that you hardly even notice it is there. If someone installed this window film for you and didn't tell you, you would never know. It will also save the dash/seats/interior from fading and getting damaged by the sun's UV rays. Totally worth it.
This is a definite add for me once it warms up here in Central Texas. On the dark tint side, I've had 3M Ceramic tint on past vehicles and the heat refraction was awesome. Will be getting that done on sides and rear windows as well. Here's the info on it: https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company...m-Ceramic-Series/?N=5002385+3290226838&rt=rud

Rene Michaels

First Name
SOLD IT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew 4X2 5' Box Lariat
Side note for Mike @Mpro2
Have you checked out the Central Texas forum? Not much there, but maybe we can keep an eye on it and watch it grow as other Rangers join: https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/central-texas.2501/

OP
OP
Mpro2

Mpro2

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xlt