3” level lift fits 2wd/4wd

James Martincic

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger xlt, 2005 Saleen mustang, 2019 ram 2500
I'm actually very disappointed in this lift. I followed your video for the install but you did not mention anything about cv axle nuts. I potentially fucked up my axle by not knowing this. I'm going to disassemble everything and re do it. But as it stands somethings wrong with my axle and theres clunking because theres was nothing said about the differences between 4wd.
Mine is not installed as I had to go back and change everything back and I'm getting my truck checked by ford on monday. The main thing missing is the fact you can fuck up your cv axle by letting it drop down after you remove the upper control arm. This video makes it seem like you pop the strut out and slide it on and screw it back in..... the video basically ends when he pops the strut out this is an incomplete tutorial.....what's the torque for the strut bolts what do you do after you pop the strut out.... how do you go about orientation the top strut bolts to match after you slide on the spacer.....so incompete and I'm so confused as to how many people are praising this.....perhaps no one has 4wd or they're watching other videos on how to install spacers from other companies.
so how did everything turn out in thee
Sponsored

James Martincic

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger xlt, 2005 Saleen mustang, 2019 ram 2500
So how did everything go when you took it back to Ford to be checked.?

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
So how did everything go when you took it back to Ford to be checked.?
I think its time for clarification on installing the FordRangerLifts 3" front leveling spacers, I installed a set last week on my 2020 4x2 and have added key notes for 4x4 installers as well.

If you are working on a 4x4, by all means remove the axle nut and be sure that the outer CV joint splined stub shaft is free to move within the hub. The last thing you want to do is to hyper extend the outer joint and run into problems like Justdown808 did. Granted the video does not show this, but the possibility of damaging the joint is too great to not perform this added step. Replacing the axle nut is your judgement call. You may want to consider removing the spindle completely if you are working on a 4x4, just for the added clearance when R&R the strut.

In all instances, remove the ABS speed sensor from the spindle, sensor wiring bracket and tie the sensor out of the way before you separate the upper ball joint. Its no fun to re-install the strut assy. with the sensor and wiring getting in the way.

Not sure what Justdown 808 means by orienting the "top strut bolts" (they are actually studs), but I do know that the instructions included with the kit tell you to remove the locating roll pin on the top of the strut and that when the strut assy. is reinstalled that it will be turned 180 degrees from it's original placement. The spacer attaches to the top of the strut in any one of the three ways possible and the inherent design of the spacer necessitates the strut being mounted 180 degrees from original. It does take some brute strength to re-install the strut with the spacer installed, but it's not impossible.

Loosen the upper control arm pivot bolt to re-install the upper ball joint stud into the spindle, if this is not done you will overstress the control arm bushings trying to insert the joint stud into the spindle. Be sure to tighten the pivot bolt at normal riding height by placing your floor jack under the lower control arm and raising the truck just off the jack stand.

The upper ball joint and tie rod end nuts are self locking, there are no cotter pins used, Ford instructs you to use new fasteners here. I re-used the original nuts and used Loctite red to lock them. I am NOT advocating this process at all, use your own judgement here.

The instructions does not give fastener torque specs., I used the factory shop manual posted as a sticky elsewhere in this forum. Robby, I highly suggest that you either supply these specs. in your instructions or direct the installer to this sticky, these are vital suspension components.

A little common sense and suspension work experience goes a long way here, it took me about 3 hours to install both spacers. Once you've done one side the other will be a piece of cake

20200228_155524.jpg
20200228_155543.jpg

Last edited:

BDUb

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL 4x4, Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, i have a 4x4 and installed this yesrerday. I was sketching out on the cv area thinking it was going to be ruined due to another post on this thread and how far you have to push the lower arm down. So I looked up another video by stage 3 on youtube. They just pushed the arm down with little regard for the cv area other than tearing the boot. So I did the same. However, when putting everything back together you have to make sure the splined axle lines back up and goes back in so that when you grip the lug bolts and spin where the tire mounts you see the axle spin with it (first time doing something like this). Overall I am very pleased with thile 3" level it looks awesome and now I am waiting till the tires need replacing before dping wheels and tires.

H-Town Ranger

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2014 Infinity G60s, 2017 Ford F150
3” lift from @Fordrangerlifts.com 285/70/17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers w/ 1/4” front spacers.

Question, did the 1/4” spacers eliminate your need to remove or modify your crash bars? I ordered the Ford Ranger lifts.com 3” level for my 2WD and looking at running the same size tire. I am willing to mod the crash bars but would love to avoid it if needed.

83F5513F-CC60-4F95-A510-E5AAE2AA290C.jpeg
BAE14365-CAA7-4CA2-B39B-A59F272FA231.jpeg

BC9B7EDB-E905-4591-A416-96376C24F570.jpeg

CCA7FBD7-E2D6-4A3F-9802-B5BF8EEAA75E.jpeg

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
What are the off-road capabilities of this lift? I have an FX4 truck. I would like to try to get out and do some wheeling, but not anything that's going to beat up my truck.

H-Town Ranger

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2014 Infinity G60s, 2017 Ford F150
Just a quick shout out to Robby at fordrangerlifts.com, got the 3" level today. Thanks for the great communication and fast shipping. Scheduled to be installed a week from Saturday. I will post some pictures once it is done.

mtsoxfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Just ordered my 3" leveler from Robby this past weekend. , now just hoping delivery of those and Bora spaces are aligned... Kill two birds with one stone so to speak.

Roscho

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Occupation
Sbo
Ordered today! Bring it on!!
Sponsored