First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2004 SVT Cobra, 2008 Subaru STi
Occupation
Engineer
Wondering if anyone has ran either of these sizes in a dedicated winter tire, and can offer insight/feedback? I will need to order a set soon, and I am concerned the 285 may be too wide for our trucks in the winter and wander in slush and heavy snow (I'm located in Eastern Canada where we have real winters). Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

KnightWolf

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
IT Consulting
I believe 285's are too wide, from other threads I've read unless you run a spacer or bigger offset it will rub.

OP
OP
SVTPaul

SVTPaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2004 SVT Cobra, 2008 Subaru STi
Occupation
Engineer
I believe 285's are too wide, from other threads I've read unless you run a spacer or bigger offset it will rub.
Thanks for the reply. I should have clarified that clearance/suspension is not a concern. I'm not stock and currently riding on 295/70r17 Ridge Grapplers. I meant from a winter physics point of view.

KnightWolf

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
IT Consulting
Thanks for the reply. I should have clarified that clearance/suspension is not a concern. I'm not stock and currently riding on 295/70r17 Ridge Grapplers. I meant from a winter physics point of view.
Sorry, misunderstood the question. Now I re-read it makes sense, my bad!

From a physics standpoint, generally a narrower tire cuts through to the pavement better than a wide tire that will float.
Sponsored