First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger
Occupation
retired
hi everyone, I was thinking of getting a pair of the electric running boards for our ranger, does anybody know how far down they drop over the stock boards, the ones on the truck seems to be to high for the wife to get in . thanks
Sponsored

Eoj

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 lariat fx4
Bottom of the mudflap for amp research

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
hi everyone, I was thinking of getting a pair of the electric running boards for our ranger, does anybody know how far down they drop over the stock boards, the ones on the truck seems to be to high for the wife to get in . thanks
Hi Pete,

There will never be a perfect height for these boards. Way too many differences in heights. You will have to find what you can tolerate or are perfect....

Back story....When we launched the Ranger Edge...a 4x2 on a 4x4 frame, we included step bars. The evaluation of these step bars became an issue. So we created an evaluation platform to arrive at a height that would work...not so much for really short or long folks... and so it was....

We could not please everyone. I do not see any electric running boards that I would install on my Ranger... JMO...

Best,
Phil

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Pete - do you have a SuperCrew or SuperCab? Finding SuperCab running boards could be a challenge.

Good luck in your search.
Sponsored