Ran the beach yesterday on some soft sand with the 2021 Ranger XLT Sport....

deanman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Sport XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Ran great - been driving the beach for 40 years, one of my (our) favorite thing to do. This time of year not as many ruts or trucks out there... had the place to myself, outstanding! Never had to air down, the truck did amazing!

IMG_3246.JPG

IMG_3247.JPG

IMG_3250.JPG

IMG_3251.JPG

IMG_3253.JPG
Sponsored

mailbox4449

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure yet
Ran great - been driving the beach for 40 years, one of my (our) favorite thing to do. This time of year not as many ruts or trucks out there... had the place to myself, outstanding! Never had to air down, the truck did amazing!

IMG_3246.JPG

IMG_3247.JPG

IMG_3250.JPG

IMG_3251.JPG

IMG_3253.JPG
Nice :like: Love the third pic of the dog running :crackup:

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase

IMG_3246.JPG

IMG_3247.JPG

IMG_3250.JPG

IMG_3251.JPG

IMG_3253.JPG

No doubt your dog is enjoying a beach day as much as you are. Good for both of you. :like:

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
I don't know anywhere in Canada where we can drive on the beach.
I think it's frowned upon up here.
Nice pooch, mine got herself a rabbit yesterday....

sjl136

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler
Occupation
Engineer

IMG_3246.JPG

IMG_3247.JPG

IMG_3250.JPG

IMG_3251.JPG

IMG_3253.JPG
Very nice! One of the first things I'll do after my truck arrives will be to get an OSV sticker for one of the Cape Cod beaches. Not sure if its the same where you are in RI, but Cape beaches are usually only accessible before and after peak summer due to the Piping Plovers, but its more fun to be away from the crowds anyway, so no problem there.

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
I wouldn't call that "soft" sand. If it had of been, you would be showing photos of the truck being pulled free.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Very nice! One of the first things I'll do after my truck arrives will be to get an OSV sticker for one of the Cape Cod beaches. Not sure if its the same where you are in RI, but Cape beaches are usually only accessible before and after peak summer due to the Piping Plovers, but its more fun to be away from the crowds anyway, so no problem there.
I have been driving on Duxbury beach and Race Point for over 30 years. Especially Duxbury they will block off beach access from late June through late July because of the Plovers. The stupid little birds could nest in the dunes that are off limits all the time but they would rather nest in a tire track down on the beach. I feel bad for the folks that have cottages out on Plymouth beach, during Plover nesting time they can't drive out to their cottage. They have to go by boat.

Plovers are such a sore spot that one of the Boston radio station personalities wrote a song called; 50 Ways to Kill a Plover.

OP
OP
deanman

deanman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't call that "soft" sand. If it had of been, you would be showing photos of the truck being pulled free.
That was NOT soft sand photos - i have some from the top of the beach - I was down by the water, the sand was much better - believe me - no ruts, wind cover and super soft sand right above these photos!

OP
OP
deanman

deanman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have been driving on Duxbury beach and Race Point for over 30 years. Especially Duxbury they will block off beach access from late June through late July because of the Plovers. The stupid little birds could nest in the dunes that are off limits all the time but they would rather nest in a tire track down on the beach. I feel bad for the folks that have cottages out on Plymouth beach, during Plover nesting time they can't drive out to their cottage. They have to go by boat.

Plovers are such a sore spot that one of the Boston radio station personalities wrote a song called; 50 Ways to Kill a Plover.
There was a time where they employed DEM people to WALK in front of your truck on the tracks to avoid the nests - now they have screens and nets everywhere preventing access - It went from $12 a year to $100 a year for us RI locals for our pass to $200 for tourists now - the prices are getting crazy - also you are fined for not carrying your list of equipment (which I agree with)... in over 40 years I can't tell you the people/idiots and "trucks" I have seen stuck out there - samples include shovel, plywood, jack, flares, radio, extinguisher, tow line etc., sure you have the same thing
Sponsored