2021 Ranger XL Adds New STX Special Edition Package for Upgraded Tech, Wheels and Interior Finishes

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Getting the same emails plus now sending it in US Mail . No deals there .
I got something like that from my dealer. I said hell no I ain't driving from Missouri back down to Texas to listen to some sales crap.?
Sponsored

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
My 2017 F-150 crew cab was an STX and it was perfect. Everything I needed, nothing I didn't. If this package would've been available in 2019, I would've gone with that over my current XLT. I couldn't care less about dual climate controls whatsoever. I'm all about that SYNC 3 8-inch screen. Without it, there was no chance I was going from a truck with it to an XL Ranger that didn't have it. That was literally the only thing that pushed me into the XLT.

Stealership called me to see if I wanted to bring my '19 with 15k on it in to talk about 'upgrading' to a 2021...they had been spamming my email with constant trade-in promo trash.
I laughed and asked whose idea there it was to try to get folks in to not only take a huge loss on the old one but pay-up for a higher note. Got some sales-speak nonsense.
I told them to call me if/when they do a Ranger AWD hybrid, other than that I'm fine until 50-55k.
I've been offered more than I paid for my truck to trade-in by both the dealership where I bought my truck as well as the one where I have it serviced. Carvana has also offered over $36K for my truck just to buy it from me. Can't speak for what the truck sales climate is like where you are, but here, the dealers are desperate for trucks to sell and they can't get any from Ford.

dceggert

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 302a, Trailer Tow, Technology Package, FX4 in black and a 2017 Fusion Platinum also in black
Occupation
You would not believe it if I told you
I think when I looked at the 2021 Order Guide the STX 'special edition package' was available after you already added the 'STX package.' This $995 option is on top of the cost of the STX. I am just pointing that out for clarification. The write up does not include the dependency and makes it sound as though you get this for $995 added to the base price.

By the time you opt for the XL with STX, add the STX Special, carpet, and Co-Pilot360 you may be more than an XLT. One would have to plot that out.

mustang marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger stx sabertooth , 04 stang ragtop 40th anvrs. , 66 stang fastback 2 plus 2
Occupation
A happy retired guy
I think when I looked at the 2021 Order Guide the STX 'special edition package' was available after you already added the 'STX package.' This $995 option is on top of the cost of the STX. I am just pointing that out for clarification. The write up does not include the dependency and makes it sound as though you get this for $995 added to the base price.

By the time you opt for the XL with STX, add the STX Special, carpet, and Co-Pilot360 you may be more than an XLT. One would have to plot that out.
True that was how I ordered my 2019 XL STX .etc.

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
My 2017 F-150 crew cab was an STX and it was perfect. Everything I needed, nothing I didn't. If this package would've been available in 2019, I would've gone with that over my current XLT. I couldn't care less about dual climate controls whatsoever. I'm all about that SYNC 3 8-inch screen. Without it, there was no chance I was going from a truck with it to an XL Ranger that didn't have it. That was literally the only thing that pushed me into the XLT.

I've been offered more than I paid for my truck to trade-in by both the dealership where I bought my truck as well as the one where I have it serviced. Carvana has also offered over $36K for my truck just to buy it from me. Can't speak for what the truck sales climate is like where you are, but here, the dealers are desperate for trucks to sell and they can't get any from Ford.
I've heard from others that Carvana is paying up quite a bit depending on the area and vehicles. Good to keep in mind!

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
I've heard from others that Carvana is paying up quite a bit depending on the area and vehicles. Good to keep in mind!
Yeah and the guy that came out to look at it at my house made me a legitimate offer that, if I really didn't like my truck, I'd be dumb not to take and run.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
How close does this get it to just being an XLT? I ended up with an XLT, but went in looking at the XL with SXT package... but that tiny screen just wasn't going to cut it, ha.
Pretty close.
  • To get the $995 STX-SE package, you also need to get the $995 STX base package.
  • To get those two, you need to upgrade to the $1,135 501A package, but 99.99% would anyway: cruise control, remote key/tailgate lock, power mirrors.
  • The 18 inch wheels are available as a $999 stand alone dealer accessory on any trim or package, but don't include 18 inch tires.
It is a little less, sort of an in between "XL+" or "XLT-"

Got dual zone HVAC in my Escape. I'm the main driver, and I keep my side at 71Âş always. Mrs Motorpsychology is unclear on the concept. She cranks her side up to 78-80Âş for a while, then back down to 67-68Âş, then back up, then... on average, it's probably 71Âş on her side, too. She turns her seat heater on always-good for her back.

I'm looking to order a 2021 Ranger, probably an XL, if I can get aftermarket seat heaters installed.
Does anyone have experience with this? I've heard that on some vehicles it can foul the "occupied" sensor in the seat(s) and the airbags may not deploy in a crash.

Last edited:

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
It is funny why people change up the temp when they first get in and then change it back down after it gets there. Or down and then up. My wife is a thermostat fiddler. Me, I just adapt.?

johnrotten84

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL
Occupation
Craftsman
Vehicle Showcase
I ended up ordering an 8 inch touchscreen to swap out, and found some Lariat headlights on eBay for my '20 XL. Didn't need all the other nonsense. I wish they would just let you choose from the entire options list when ordering a build. And why offer 18" wheels for $1000 when you still need to buy 18" tires. Then you are stuck with an extra set of 17" wheels and tires that you have to sell? Either way I'm loving my modified XL.

FordSpeed

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger FX4 Supercrew

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 PKG
Occupation
Sales
The one problem with the dual zone set up and 8” screen is for you to turn on feet direction there isn’t a button on the dash like the xl. You have to exit the car play than go into climate settings to turn it on. My work truck 2019 F150 I just push the button that’s so nice lol.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
This dealer in Kentucky has a '21 with the new STX package.

image-4.jpg

https://www.oxmoorflm.com/inventory/new-2021-ford-ranger-xl-4wd-4d-crew-cab-1fter4fh1mld01901

Another dealer has one in Black. I think thats the only color that works with the new wheels

2.jpg

https://www.paulmillerford.com/new-Lexington-2021-Ford-Ranger-XL-1FTER4FH0MLD02070
Hey, Alex, they both look great, but I am partial to black on trucks if I have a choice, and, yeah, the black goes great with the blacked out-silver rimmed wheels!

Lucky2013

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger 4x4 STX Special Edition,
Occupation
Aircraft Master Mechanic
I just bought last week the brand new 2021 STX Special Edition !

Supercab 4x4, Carbonized Gray, Ebony Premium Cloth Seats, Equipment Group 101A, Elecronic Locking Diff, Carpet Flooring, Floor Liners, Trailer Tow package, STX Special Edition Package, STX Apperance Package

This truck looks great in this color combination and has everything you need !

My wife and I love the Ranger.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I just bought last week the brand new 2021 STX Special Edition !

Supercab 4x4, Carbonized Gray, Ebony Premium Cloth Seats, Equipment Group 101A, Elecronic Locking Diff, Carpet Flooring, Floor Liners, Trailer Tow package, STX Special Edition Package, STX Apperance Package

This truck looks great in this color combination and has everything you need !

My wife and I love the Ranger.
Pics, or it didn't happen....

a572mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4, 1958 Cessna 182
Occupation
Airport Engineer