2021 Ranger XL Adds New STX Special Edition Package for Upgraded Tech, Wheels and Interior Finishes

Administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
2021 Ford Ranger XL Adds Style, Technology and Value with STX Special Edition Package
2021-ranger-xl-stx_special_edition_package-1-jpg.jpg

• 2021 Ford Ranger adds available new STX Special Edition Package that combines unique 18-inch black wheels, 8-inch center touch screen, SYNC® 3 with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility, and upgraded interior finishes for a package price of $995 MSRP
  • STX Special Edition Package is available for 2021 Ranger XL 4x2 or 4x4 in SuperCab or SuperCrew configuration and can be bundled with other available packages like the FX2 or FX4 Off-Road Package
  • ·Ranger customers love to make their truck their own, with more than 75 percent of them leaving dealerships with an appearance package in 2020
DEARBORN, Mich., Sept. 23, 2020 – With 75 percent of Ford Ranger customers adding appearance packages to their new trucks, Ford is giving buyers of the entry-level Ranger pickup a new choice with the available STX Special Edition Package, bringing more style and technology to 2021 Ranger XL models.

“Ranger customers are asking for new options to help make their trucks their own and we hear them,” said Chad Callander, Ranger marketing manager. “STX Special Edition hits a really compelling and affordable sweet spot for a lot of Ranger buyers looking for just the right combination of tech and style.”

Ranger STX Special Edition features unique 18-inch black-painted wheels with machined-finished edges, 8-inch center touch screen, SYNC® 3 with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, SiriusXM™, AppLink, dual-zone climate control, silver-painted interior accents and privacy glass with rear defrost – all for a package price of $995 MSRP.

STX Special Edition is an enhancement to the available STX Appearance Package with a starting MSRP of $28,045 (taxes, title and license fees extra). It is available on high XL trim level SuperCab or SuperCrew configuration and 4x2 or 4x4 driveline and can be bundled with FX2 or FX4 Off-Road Package.

“STX has been a strong seller on the base Ranger, but we’ve heard from some customers who want even more style and more tech in their XL trucks,” said Callander. “STX Special Edition now gives those customers that added style with the added benefits of having a touchscreen with SYNC 3 – at an affordable cost.” Ranger STX Special Edition joins other available packages including STX Appearance Package, Black Package, Chrome Appearance Package, and Sport Appearance Package.

Ranger buyers can also upgrade their adventure vehicles with the recently announced Ranger Tremor Off-Road Package, the most off-road capable, factory-built Ranger ever offered in the U.S.

New Ford Performance Parts Packages offers customers three different levels of off-road performance and styling upgrades purchased from the dealership, giving Ranger owners aftermarket-style accessorizing while keeping their vehicle’s warranty intact.

2021-Ranger-XL-STX_Special_Edition_Package-1.jpg

2021-Ranger-XL-STX_Special_Edition_Package-Interior.jpg
Sponsored

Scott D

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/STX
The lovely wife would have appreciated the dual zone ac/heat on my 2020 XL/STX.

Her Escape has it and she likes that feature.

It's good to see Ford giving the "lesser models" some additional improvements, though. :)

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
The lovely wife would have appreciated the dual zone ac/heat on my 2020 XL/STX.

Her Escape has it and she likes that feature.

It's good to see Ford giving the "lesser models" some additional improvements, though. :)
Scott, I was going to say that out of all the items mentioned the dual-zone HVAC would be the one I would like to have had the opportunity to order on my '20 XL. The rest I could do without, but I do like the "set it, and forget it" heat, and air thingy. :)

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
Everybody seems to want the dual zone climate thing. My XLT has it and in the 6 months I have had the truck I have not used it once over the hot South Kalifornikstan summer. I even showed my wife how to adjust it for her side and she has not used it once. We just set it 68 degrees and forget it. I think having the 8" touch screen and Sync 3.4 available is a much bigger thing. YMMV

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Everybody seems to want the dual zone climate thing. My XLT has it and in the 6 months I have had the truck I have not used it once over the hot South Kalifornikstan summer. I even showed my wife how to adjust it for her side and she has not used it once. We just set it 68 degrees and forget it. I think having the 8" touch screen and Sync 3.4 available is a much bigger thing. YMMV
Hi Scott,

68°!!! Wife and I would freeze. We have had dual A/C in our last several vehicles...use it all the time, both sides set to the same temp.... We have never changed it.....always 72° :)

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
Hi Scott,

68°!!! Wife and I would freeze. We have had dual A/C in our last several vehicles...use it all the time, both sides set to the same temp.... We have never changed it.....always 72° :)
Well, it depends actually. It is set to 68/72.

oldnslow

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCab Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
It seems to me if you are setting both side to the same temperature then you are not using the dual-zone feature. That is how mine is set also, both sides to the same temp - currently 72 (which it never gets to). I do like the feature where I can lock the 2 together and that is how I use it.

Personally I don't see the point of dual zones in such a small cabin. My GMC had it and I always set both the same anyway. But then I always drive alone so there is that.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Hi Scott,

Mine has almost never been set over 68°, even in winter. Maybe once when it was below zero I cranked it.

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Screw
I would have went with an XL if it had the bigger radio screen. I couldn't live with the 4.2" screen after having it in my F-150 for 3 years...

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
Scott, I was going to say that out of all the items mentioned the dual-zone HVAC would be the one I would like to have had the opportunity to order on my '20 XL. The rest I could do without, but I do like the "set it, and forget it" heat, and air thingy. :)
Jim we all love those thingies :LOL:
Sponsored