2021 Ford Ranger oil analysis Part 2

21rangerCactus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Self employed
Another 9900 oil change using Amsoil Signature Series 5w30 and a wix XP filter. Results are great and the pottasium that I was worried about has considerably went down. What I completely dismissed was thier range for water and coolant was zero...all that worrying for nothing. I'm going to assume the potassium was something in there from the factory...who knows.

The oil change for my next run, I am using the same oil but will be using the Amsoil filter now that its back in stock. I dont think the results will be any different to be honest.

Link to my last oil analysis
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/2021-ford-ranger-oil-analysis.20459/

Screenshot_20221005-140152_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Screenshot_20221005-140220_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
I had potassium read high on one of my reports. The folks from Blackstone said while potassium can be a marker for coolant, they didn't suspect a leak because sodium (another coolant marker) stayed low. In my report, aluminum was also on the high side, and they said that potassium and aluminum together on a youngish engine is suggestive of a harmless bit of intercooler flux working its way into the oil. It looks like your previous report showed the same trend (high potassium, normal sodium, and somewhat elevated aluminum), so I'm going to guess that we're both just breaking in our engines.

OP
OP

21rangerCactus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Self employed
I had potassium read high on one of my reports. The folks from Blackstone said while potassium can be a marker for coolant, they didn't suspect a leak because sodium (another coolant marker) stayed low. In my report, aluminum was also on the high side, and they said that potassium and aluminum together on a youngish engine is suggestive of a harmless bit of intercooler flux working its way into the oil. It looks like your previous report showed the same trend (high potassium, normal sodium, and somewhat elevated aluminum), so I'm going to guess that we're both just breaking in our engines.
Man I wish I knew that a couple weeks ago when I was all nervous about it. Lol..

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Heck, as long as the rods aren't hanging out of the side of the block I'm ok....

Back in 1978, I bought my first new car, a well equipped Monte Carlo Landau with the 3.8L V6.

Car ran well (after getting the carb illegally 'modified'), got good fuel mileage, etc. Sadly, it used oil like crazy! Chevrolet stated that one quart of oil consumption every 750 miles was ok!?!?

The instruments failed (one at a time) and the outside trim fell off of the car.

I traded it in 1980 for a slightly used 1979 Sedan Deville that was much better (after getting the same carb mods). The only glitch was the headlamps wouldn't stay adjusted due to faulty adjusters. Those were the days....

Regarding the Monte Carlo ; I can't help but wonder what a modern oil analysis would have shown.....

OP
OP

21rangerCactus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Self employed
Heck, as long as the rods aren't hanging out of the side of the block I'm ok....

Back in 1978, I bought my first new car, a well equipped Monte Carlo Landau with the 3.8L V6.

Car ran well (after getting the carb illegally 'modified'), got good fuel mileage, etc. Sadly, it used oil like crazy! Chevrolet stated that one quart of oil consumption every 750 miles was ok!?!?

The instruments failed (one at a time) and the outside trim fell off of the car.

I traded it in 1980 for a slightly used 1979 Sedan Deville that was much better (after getting the same carb mods). The only glitch was the headlamps wouldn't stay adjusted due to faulty adjusters. Those were the days....

Regarding the Monte Carlo ; I can't help but wonder what a modern oil analysis would have shown.....
Sounds like my 1994 fbody that leaked oil for the majority of the 13 years I owned it. Lol
Sponsored