2020 XLT FX2 Squealing Belts?

K.Hz

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX2
Went from a 93 Ranger XLT with 120k miles to a 2020 XLT/FX2.
After the first rain, squealing belts. Seemed normal at first. Belts can get wet sometimes. Now it's on mornings without any rain. The first drive after an overnight temperature change. It could be in the afternoon. Some days no squeal at all. I believe the belts are becoming glazed. It's under warranty of course. Just purchased it in Aug 2020! Anyone experiencing this?
Sponsored

Last edited:

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Have not noticed on mine. Didn't seem like belt squeal to me in the vid, hard to tell though.
The hard rain was maybe coincidental??

Either way I hope they correct it for you.

OP
OP
K.Hz

K.Hz

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX2
Update on my first post, "Squealing Belts"
When I first heard noise coming from my truck It was during its first rain (over 1500+ miles). The second time it occurred just after splashing through some runoff after a good down pour. I was certain that it might be related to my belts. I've heard that sound many times before. (Or so I thought) There was just one problem. It didn't occur when the vehicle was stopped and idling. It was only just a coincidence when it rained. It eventually seemed to happen at anytime of the day or weather condition. I believe it all began in late Sept. Didn't seem to happen as much when it was warmer. ? As this new video shows, IT'S NOT the BELTS. I also have a similar noise coming from UNDERNEATH the truck as
20Ranger4wd showed in a video in his post. There's a TSB related to this issue. It's looking like it will probably be about a 9 hour repair job to fix according to the TSB.
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited: