2019 Ford Ranger: Tough Tested (Video)

rduvall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima

HOW FORD IS TESTING THE 2019 RANGER TO ENSURE IT’S BUILT FORD TOUGH AND READY FOR ADVENTURE

DEARBORN, Mich., May 3, 2018 – From grueling lab tests to robotic testing too harsh for humans to endure, from jagged trails in the Australian Outback to the Arizona desert, Ford is torturing its 2019 Ranger to make sure the all-new truck is up to Built Ford Tough durability standards and ready for adventure.

Ranger testing is based on the same proven standards of the legendary Ford F-150.

“We torture every component – from its high-strength steel frame to its EcoBoost® engine to its cloth and leather-trimmed seats – to ensure Ranger is ready for any season and nearly any terrain,” said Rick Bolt, Ford Ranger chief engineer.

Ford’s rigorous approach to ensuring Ranger quality and capability starts in the lab, progresses to the proving grounds then is confirmed through intense real-world challenges in locations near and far.

At Ford’s Michigan Proving Grounds, a fully loaded Ranger hits the brutal Silver Creek track with impacts so severe robotic drivers are used so humans don’t get injured. In the lab, a four-post shaker table abuses Ranger for days to check against squeaks and rattles. In the real world, Ranger towing capability is tested in high temperatures on the unforgiving long steep grades of Davis Dam in Arizona, while the Australian Outback treats the truck to more heat and choking dust over harsh off-road terrain.

Offering purpose-built features like a Terrain Management System™, Trail Control and blind spot monitoring with trailer support, plus a host of available adventure-ready features, the all-new Built Ford Tough Ranger makes its exciting return to the United States in early 2019.

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...5/04/how-ford-is-testing-the-2019-ranger.html
Sponsored

FelixDaCat

First Name
Felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Really appreciate the amount of testing done with Ford for their trucks. I know for a lot of years, they were considered a joke company by a lot of people for rolling out trucks that just have issues. I can see things have changed. I see more Ford trucks where I live than anything else. I am excited to test drive one of these bad boys in the fall!

WI LION

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197 Mustang GT
Really appreciate the amount of testing done with Ford for their trucks. I know for a lot of years, they were considered a joke company by a lot of people for rolling out trucks that just have issues. I can see things have changed. I see more Ford trucks where I live than anything else. I am excited to test drive one of these bad boys in the fall!
I haven't been paying attention to timing... is Fall when we're expecting the 2019 Ranger to arrive at dealers?

OP
OP
rduvall

rduvall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima
I haven't been paying attention to timing... is Fall when we're expecting the 2019 Ranger to arrive at dealers?
They stated Jan 2019 as estimated time for the truck to hit dealers. Typically new vehicles hit in September/October of the year preceding the model but this is being handled a bit differently.

Chris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
They stated Jan 2019 as estimated time for the truck to hit dealers. Typically new vehicles hit in September/October of the year preceding the model but this is being handled a bit differently.
The ranger will be at dealers early 2019! So somewhere in between jan and apr

OwenL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Mustang GT
Occupation
Long Island
I like this line: "We torture every component." The Ranger should be a legit capable work truck.

Cool video too. Interesting how so much of the testing is now done with robots and automated driving.

FelixDaCat

First Name
Felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Yeah as mentioned, usually new cars/trucks/etc. hit the market in the fall. So this fall we will see 2019 models for sale at a lot of dealerships but in this case, it could get pushed back till January 2019. It doesn't happen often but it does happen.

NY35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zamboni
With car sales plunging and midsize trucks doing very well it behooves Ford to bring out the Ranger asap. Hopefully before winter.

Vesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: Taurus / Sold: F150 King Ranch
Ranger testing is based on the same proven standards of the legendary Ford F-150.
This is a great thing to hear. The F-150 really sets a standard in the pickup segment so if the Ranger can emulate its quality and construction then we should have a hit on our hands. The F series is so admired that GM engineers secretly took F-150 factory tours when GM was developing the new Silverado pickup. :D http://www.autonews.com/article/20180809/OEM01/180809753/gm-silverado-engineers-ford-truck-wars

GStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
This is a great thing to hear. The F-150 really sets a standard in the pickup segment so if the Ranger can emulate its quality and construction then we should have a hit on our hands. The F series is so admired that GM engineers secretly took F-150 factory tours when GM was developing the new Silverado pickup. :D http://www.autonews.com/article/20180809/OEM01/180809753/gm-silverado-engineers-ford-truck-wars
Funny. But even if GM managed to match the manufacturing process exactly, their trucks are still ugly compared to Ford trucks.
Sponsored