2019 Ranger DECKED Bed Drawer Install Video!

Jason@Stage3

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stage3motorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 5.0L
Occupation
Web Team Overlord
As part of the new direction of our 2019 Ranger Project Build, we installed a 2019 Ranger 5ft Bed DECKED Bed Drawer System. The install video is now up on our YouTube Channel.

We love DECKED's bed drawers. They're not for everyone, but if you want secure bed storage that still manages to keep some amount of your bed function, then they're an awesome upgrade. You can even stack a quad on top of them, so there's that

Drilling isn't technically required, but you will need to if you want to install the DECKED faceplate and Core Trax Rails.

The only real drawbacks are that the DECKED systems take up a ton of real estate and don't give you a lot of places to tie down your gear (unless you get the Core Trax rails, which I recommend grabbing).

Sponsored

SN13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
As part of the new direction of our 2019 Ranger Project Build, we installed a 2019 Ranger 5ft Bed DECKED Bed Drawer System. The install video is now up on our YouTube Channel.

We love DECKED's bed drawers. They're not for everyone, but if you want secure bed storage that still manages to keep some amount of your bed function, then they're an awesome upgrade. You can even stack a quad on top of them, so there's that

Drilling isn't technically required, but you will need to if you want to install the DECKED faceplate and Core Trax Rails.

The only real drawbacks are that the DECKED systems take up a ton of real estate and don't give you a lot of places to tie down your gear (unless you get the Core Trax rails, which I recommend grabbing).

Great video.

FlRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat

808matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Sport Package, 2015 f450 Bucket Truck

Hey Jason, I have a bed liner on my bed. Would this hinder the install?

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
or a bed rug? Or spray in bedliner?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jason@Stage3

Jason@Stage3

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 5.0L
Occupation
Web Team Overlord
Hey Jason, I have a bed liner on my bed. Would this hinder the install?
or a bed rug? Or spray in bedliner?
The DECKED System will work with a spray-in liner with no issues.

It'll probably work with a BedRug or BedTred system, though you'll need to cut and punch through the liners in order to install the brackets and your overall fit will be a little tight and you may have to clearance the actual DECKED components.

A drop-in plastic liner is pretty much a no-go.

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The DECKED System will work with a spray-in liner with no issues.

It'll probably work with a BedRug or BedTred system, though you'll need to cut and punch through the liners in order to install the brackets and your overall fit will be a little tight and you may have to clearance the actual DECKED components.
I was thinking worse case scenario, putting the bedrug on top, I only have the bottom portion, not sides, etc...)... and just trim where needed, like the hatches or where the tracks go for the tie downs. Sort of like custom wall to wall carpet. Be held down same way with velcro... Hatch pieces and any other moving top areas can also be held down with velcro.... I also have a BAKFlip G2 Tonneau Cover. Looks like it clears just fine...whatchya think?

OP
OP
Jason@Stage3

Jason@Stage3

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 5.0L
Occupation
Web Team Overlord
I was thinking worse case scenario, putting the bedrug on top, I only have the bottom portion, not sides, etc...)... and just trim where needed, like the hatches or where the tracks go for the tie downs. Sort of like custom wall to wall carpet. Be held down same way with velcro... Hatch pieces and any other moving top areas can also be held down with velcro.... I also have a BAKFlip G2 Tonneau Cover. Looks like it clears just fine...whatchya think?
If you only have a BedRug bed mat, you shouldn't have an issue installing the DECKED system over it (though you do lose a lot of the BedRug's function). The only real problem with liners are the sides or the overall thickness when it comes to installing the DECKED.

As long as you're willing to do the trimming and deal with the fact that the BedRug will have cutouts for the wheel well humps that the DECKED doesn't have, I don't see why you couldn't install a BedRug over the DECKED system. I've never seen it done, so I'd be curious how it turns out.

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
If you only have a BedRug bed mat, you shouldn't have an issue installing the DECKED system over it (though you do lose a lot of the BedRug's function). The only real problem with liners are the sides or the overall thickness when it comes to installing the DECKED.

As long as you're willing to do the trimming and deal with the fact that the BedRug will have cutouts for the wheel well humps that the DECKED doesn't have, I don't see why you couldn't install a BedRug over the DECKED system. I've never seen it done, so I'd be curious how it turns out.
I've had Bedrugs in all my trucks. Love them. My Ranger has the sprayed in liner so the rug was just an add on for me. I like how they are impervious to anything and don't let things slide around. Hmmm, forgot about the wheel wells... I'll make it work. Even if I have to buy another tailgate piece and chop it.... Nothing some gray or even red or another color outdoor front door mat can't fix also...:like:
Sponsored