The PIC whore club! Come on in!

Rick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
I modified them myself. I posted it on this forum a few years ago, can't remember where or when it was. It was pretty easy. The vents just pop out and you unbend the plastic tabs install the lights glue it back together and wire it to the parking and turn signal lights. I found a module on ebay that allows a single filament bulb to be used as a turn signal also. It reduces the voltage so it flashes, it works with the leds also. I tried to find a led strip with the highest led's per foot I could find.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I planted this prickly pear cactus 2 years ago from just 1 petal I cut from a larger one I have. These have to be the easiest plants to grow. I just cut a small 3" hole, dropped the petal in there and watered it for 1 week and nature does the rest. It's grown so fast with all the rain we had this past winter and noticed last night it flowered for the first time.

IMG_8605.jpg

The Ocotillo I have out back (I have 2 more out front) is blooming like crazy too this year. It still amazes me anything can live let alone bloom in this heat. :tumbleweed:

IMG_8509.jpg

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
my neighbor has a prickly pear in her yard. I never knew they survived Ohio winters. I might have to try this.

you may be able to get a half pint of jelly out of that single fruit if the birds don't eat it first

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
my neighbor has a prickly pear in her yard. I never knew they survived Ohio winters. I might have to try this.

you may be able to get a half pint of jelly out of that single fruit if the birds don't eat it first
A friend of mine here had one when he lived in Pennsylvania and I was surprised to hear it lived there too. He took a couple petals off it when he moved out here and it's in his front yard here now.

I don't think it's worth the effort to make jelly for a half a piece of toast. lol

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
I planted this prickly pear cactus 2 years ago from just 1 petal I cut from a larger one I have. These have to be the easiest plants to grow. I just cut a small 3" hole, dropped the petal in there and watered it for 1 week and nature does the rest. It's grown so fast with all the rain we had this past winter and noticed last night it flowered for the first time.

IMG_8605.jpg

The Ocotillo I have out back (I have 2 more out front) is blooming like crazy too this year. It still amazes me anything can live let alone bloom in this heat. :tumbleweed:

IMG_8509.jpg

IMG_8605.jpg

IMG_8509.jpg
My front yard...

20190727_183810.jpg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
My front yard...

My front yard...

20190727_183810.jpg
I have one in my front yard too. It gets a lot of sun and can get out of control really fast. I take a shovel and chop off the petals and shape that one because it borders the neighbors yard. and it's right in front of my other Ocotillo. This reminds me to spray the weeds .lol We have so many weeds this year from all the rain this winter.

IMG_8611.jpg

IMG_8610.jpg

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
I have one in my front yard too. It gets a lot of sun and can get out of control really fast. I take a shovel and chop off the petals and shape that one because it borders the neighbors yard. and it's right in front of my other Ocotillo. This reminds me to spray the weeds .lol We have so many weeds this year from all the rain this winter.

IMG_8611.jpg

IMG_8610.jpg
NIce! Mine is now way overgrown and needs trimming...