Reaction score
Website
5startuning.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Custom Tuner
Hey Guys and Gals,

We have an update on some of the work being done to our 2019 Ranger. Big Turbo, hi flow catted down pipe and catback exhaust are being installed. In case you have never seen the stock exhaust on your ranger, check out some of these images. There is a 1" diameter hole on the inlet side...talk about restrictive. The text below is from our facebook post.

Hope you are all doing well! We will share dyno gains and videos when we have them.

"2019 Ford Ranger next up on the dyno! Stage 3 CRP Turbo, SPD complete Stainless exhaust system, dp with hi flow cat and cat back If you ever wonder if your 2019 Ranger needs a catback exhaust system?? . Check out the stock muffler it has a 1 inch diameter hole restricting air flow. WOW! You dont have to worry about that air restriction with the SPD products ! The Quality is exceptional and the sound is the quiet ! We will have some videos soon!"

muffler tip.jpg

exhaust.jpg

turbo.jpg

ranger.jpg

downpipe.jpg

2019 ranger exhaust 2.jpg

2019 ranger exhaust.jpg
Sponsored

Lunchbox88

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew FX4
Looks like a lot of potential there, definitely interested in seeing how it performs!
Question, is the CRP turbo made from a stock Ranger turbo or are they using a different Ford turbo as a base?

OP
OP
5startuning

5startuning

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
5startuning.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Custom Tuner
Looks like a lot of potential there, definitely interested in seeing how it performs!
Question, is the CRP turbo made from a stock Ranger turbo or are they using a different Ford turbo as a base?
The Ranger 2.3L Stage 3 54mm / 67mm turbo is a stock rebuild. Here is some of what the guys over at CR performance discussed.

"The turbine is a good size at 51mm / 45mm and should support a good cold side upgrade.
Stock is a 46mm / 59mm Compressor side
Trim which effects surge margin is surprisingly poor stock, this 2.3L must always run high RPM under loads and or keep the throttle plate open and cuts fuel when you lift?

I am looking at doing a 54mm / 67mm First as a "Stage 3" I will need to increase the exducer to keep surge margin at bay.
This looks to have the best marketability and street use.

I will also order a 57mm / 71mm As a "Stage 4" as spool times will suffer slightly but this would be nearing the largest the turbine will support before it lags to much with my standard rules. The housing looks to have room for this.
This looks to be the big HP number option."

That was some of the direct conversation we had with them during the development of the turbo upgrade. We shipped our stock turbo to them and the upgraded version is what was sent back and installed on ours. We will have numbers and a video before too long.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Have you ever compared a stock truck to one with just the SPD exhaust on the dyno?

OP
OP
5startuning

5startuning

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
5startuning.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Custom Tuner
Have you ever compared a stock truck to one with just the SPD exhaust on the dyno?
good question, unfortunately we did not grab a dyno chart other than a bone stock run a while back. But no we did not compare just the stock exhaust/stock truck numbers to spd exhaust and stock tune numbers.

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
Cut the muffler open! Let’s see inside.

Jonnmaggie

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT all magnetic
Have you guys measured the differences in back pressure on the turbo? Only reason I'm curious is because certain 2.3l ecoboosts have seen back pressure issues causing pre-ignition, causing a head gasket to blow. I'm wondering total what amount of power you can get out of the stock turbo.
Sponsored