5 Star Tuning/FORScan Unable to Recognize

rangerdanger19

First Name
Addison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport SuperCab (301a), 2017 Ford Fusion Sport (401a + Driver's Assist), 2014 Ford Fiesta ST, 1988 Merkur Scorpio
Occupation
Account Manager
HELP!

I'm running a 5 Star Performance tune on my Ranger, and FORScan recognizes there is a tune. It asks for a strategy code, so I go into my nGauge and enter the strategy under the Vehicle Info menu.

FORScan says unable to recognize vehicle. I'm using the OBDLink EX on Windows 10.

Anyone having similar issues or know a workaround?

Also, PLEASE let me know if there is an existing thread with info related to this.... I just want global windows lol
Sponsored

aeroshots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
I do recall reading a similar post somewhere. As I recall, the poster loaded his factory tune and then forscan recognized his vehicle. He then reloaded his aftermarket tune (5 star maybe) and forscan could see his vehicle and functioned with the tune. Can't recall where the post is as there are lots of posts regarding tunes and forscan.

OP
OP
rangerdanger19

rangerdanger19

First Name
Addison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport SuperCab (301a), 2017 Ford Fusion Sport (401a + Driver's Assist), 2014 Ford Fiesta ST, 1988 Merkur Scorpio
Occupation
Account Manager
I do recall reading a similar post somewhere. As I recall, the poster loaded his factory tune and then forscan recognized his vehicle. He then reloaded his aftermarket tune (5 star maybe) and forscan could see his vehicle and functioned with the tune. Can't recall where the post is as there are lots of posts regarding tunes and forscan.
I'm going to first try reloading the stock file, then switching back to the tune and see what happens.

OP
OP
rangerdanger19

rangerdanger19

First Name
Addison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Account Manager
I'm going to first try reloading the stock file, then switching back to the tune and see what happens.
If anyone else runs into this, the above solution worked.

Return to Stock file.
Run FORScan and save vehicle profile.
Flash tune.
Run FORScan and select previous vehicle profile.

Boom, works perfect.

Enabled Bambi Mode (fog lights w/ high beams), Off Road display on instrument cluster, and tried to enable global windows but doesn't look like that's working... Will continue to play with it.

aeroshots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
If anyone else runs into this, the above solution worked.

Return to Stock file.
Run FORScan and save vehicle profile.
Flash tune.
Run FORScan and select previous vehicle profile.

Boom, works perfect.

Enabled Bambi Mode (fog lights w/ high beams), Off Road display on instrument cluster, and tried to enable global windows but doesn't look like that's working... Will continue to play with it.
Glad it worked out for you.
Sponsored