First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Unless I am blind or can't read properly the Ranger MY 2020 ordering guide does not show the final drive ratios, standard or optional anywhere.
I am almost certain that this spec will remain the same as MY 2019, Ford would be foolish to change the specs on this at this point, considering the next gen 2021 model will be a total re-design. It's all about product packaging, I suppose.
The 2020 SuperCab I just ordered will feature the new FX2 package of which an electronic locking differential is included.
The ratio for 2019 locking diffs is 3.73, I sure hope the ratio remains the same for 2020, the standard 2.73 is better suited for flat land driving.
While Honolulu does not have the road inclines one might find in the Rockies, there are some hills.
Sponsored

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Unless I am blind or can't read properly the Ranger MY 2020 ordering guide does not show the final drive ratios, standard or optional anywhere.
I am almost certain that this spec will remain the same as MY 2019, Ford would be foolish to change the specs on this at this point, considering the next gen 2021 model will be a total re-design. It's all about product packaging, I suppose.
The 2020 SuperCab I just ordered will feature the new FX2 package of which an electronic locking differential is included.
The ratio for 2019 locking diffs is 3.73, I sure hope the ratio remains the same for 2020, the standard 2.73 is better suited for flat land driving.
While Honolulu does not have the road inclines one might find in the Rockies, there are some hills.
Both the open and locking rear for 2019 has 3.73 gears. Not sure where you are getting the 2.73 from. I havent seen a gear that high in a production truck.

Doubt that is changed for 2020.

OP
OP
Mokume

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Both the open and locking rear for 2019 has 3.73 gears. Not sure where you are getting the 2.73 from. I havent seen a gear that high in a production truck.

Doubt that is changed for 2020.
Major brain fart sir, you are absolutely correct, I need a beer !
But...my Dad owned an '85 F series with a 300 CID six (a bulletproof motor, if there ever was one) and a four speed manual. Fourth gear in this transmission was an overdrive ratio and the final drive ratio, if I remember correctly was something in the low two's (I looked at the tag). The truck was originally purchased new from a dealer in Nebraska if memory serves me right.
Climbing any incline with a fair amount of load in it would produce either (1) needless thrashing of metal (3rd. gear) or (2) mind-numbing lugging (4th.gear).
Don't get me started on a vintage Honda Civic1200 with the semi-automatic Hondamatic transmission I once owned, it had just 2 forward gears, slow and slower still...lol
Now for that beer....

Last edited:

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
2019 Ford Ranger Tech Specs

2019-ford-ranger-specs-2-jpg.jpg
Sponsored