Almost certain...

Discussion in 'Ordering, Pricing, Leasing, Negotiating' started by Mokume, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Mokume

Mokume Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2000 Ranger Supercab, 2002 Honda CR-V
    Retired firefighter, Honolulu Fire Department
    Unless I am blind or can't read properly the Ranger MY 2020 ordering guide does not show the final drive ratios, standard or optional anywhere.
    I am almost certain that this spec will remain the same as MY 2019, Ford would be foolish to change the specs on this at this point, considering the next gen 2021 model will be a total re-design. It's all about product packaging, I suppose.
    The 2020 SuperCab I just ordered will feature the new FX2 package of which an electronic locking differential is included.
    The ratio for 2019 locking diffs is 3.73, I sure hope the ratio remains the same for 2020, the standard 2.73 is better suited for flat land driving.
    While Honolulu does not have the road inclines one might find in the Rockies, there are some hills.

2. Hounddog409

Hounddog409 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Tod
    Vehicle(s):
    F150
    Garage Profiles:
    Both the open and locking rear for 2019 has 3.73 gears. Not sure where you are getting the 2.73 from. I havent seen a gear that high in a production truck.

Doubt that is changed for 2020.

3. Mokume

Mokume Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2000 Ranger Supercab, 2002 Honda CR-V
    Retired firefighter, Honolulu Fire Department
    #3 Aug 25, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
    Major brain fart sir, you are absolutely correct, I need a beer !
    But...my Dad owned an '85 F series with a 300 CID six (a bulletproof motor, if there ever was one) and a four speed manual. Fourth gear in this transmission was an overdrive ratio and the final drive ratio, if I remember correctly was something in the low two's (I looked at the tag). The truck was originally purchased new from a dealer in Nebraska if memory serves me right.
    Climbing any incline with a fair amount of load in it would produce either (1) needless thrashing of metal (3rd. gear) or (2) mind-numbing lugging (4th.gear).
    Don't get me started on a vintage Honda Civic1200 with the semi-automatic Hondamatic transmission I once owned, it had just 2 forward gears, slow and slower still...lol
    Now for that beer....

Hounddog409 likes this.
  4. rangerdanger

Vehicle(s):
    2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
    Garage Profiles:
    2019 Ford Ranger Tech Specs

2019-ford-ranger-specs-2-jpg.jpg