rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
STX FX4 SuperCrew
Occupation
engineering systems admin
Vehicle Showcase
The Yakima Overhaul HD is a nice rack ... strong, well made and aesthetically pleasing, easy to remove the rear rack when hauling dirtbikes. Nice tie down points on the towers and crossbar ends too.

It is just a bit out of reach in price I think at $950. I then found a rebox (sold as new with warranty) for $759 with 55" crossbars. This brought it into my "I'm ok with this" price range.

Here it is installed, 55" works for me, 60" crossbar might be offer a little more elbow room. Height setting in this picture is 22" which brings it over the shark fin antenna base.

48438397081_cf6e30a811_b.jpg

48438397701_b6e4cb6bb9_b.jpg

48438543452_a7ac612302_b.jpg

48438543417_2d3163ecd4_b.jpg

48438395551_f4a13594fd_b.jpg
Sponsored

Deleted member 1634

Looks nice! I really wanted to get one of these, not only because it looks good but the adjust-ability of it seemed nice to me too. But when I discovered you can't have a tonneau cover with it, it fell off my mod list. Especially since a tonneau cover was a must have for us. I know that you can get the special retractable cover made specifically for use with these clamp-on bed racks, but I don't like retractable covers (seem too easy to break or jam) and its certainly more expensive than the simple roll-up one I ended up getting. Disappointing for sure, but can't everything I guess.

OP
OP
rooster

rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
STX FX4 SuperCrew
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Looks nice! I really wanted to get one of these, not only because it looks good but the adjust-ability of it seemed nice to me too. But when I discovered you can't have a tonneau cover with it, it fell off my mod list. Especially since a tonneau cover was a must have for us. I know that you can get the special retractable cover made specifically for use with these clamp-on bed racks, but I don't like retractable covers (seem too easy to break or jam) and its certainly more expensive than the simple roll-up one I ended up getting. Disappointing for sure, but can't everything I guess.
Yep the cover that works with this is not something I'm interested in. I think the roll up container at the front of the bed takes up 11-12" of bed space too, so no go for me. I'm getting a huge waterproof cargo bag for the bed for my "must stay dry" camping stuff, I don't need a bed cover full time.

Deleted member 1634

Yep the cover that works with this is not something I'm interested in. I think the roll up container at the front of the bed takes up 11-12" of bed space too, so no go for me. I'm getting a huge waterproof cargo bag for the bed for my "must stay dry" camping stuff, I don't need a bed cover full time.
Ahh, yeah, that's a good idea. Sounds like a good setup!

j_slate

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge... until I can get a Ranger when I graduate
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Looks great! I've been going back and forth between the Overhaul and the Outpost. When the Overhaul is at it's lowest point does it stay below the cab height? I wish Yakima would make one that goes from 13" to 22"....

bobkat

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger fx4
Occupation
Retired electrician
Vehicle Showcase

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

bobkat

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger fx4
Occupation
Retired electrician
Vehicle Showcase
i Am going to raise it up a couple of inches

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
As much as I like that rack. It's perfect for my Kayak. Yet is so $$

RangerCat

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
The Yakima Overhaul HD is a nice rack ... strong, well made and aesthetically pleasing, easy to remove the rear rack when hauling dirtbikes. Nice tie down points on the towers and crossbar ends too.

It is just a bit out of reach in price I think at $950. I then found a rebox (sold as new with warranty) for $759 with 55" crossbars. This brought it into my "I'm ok with this" price range.

Here it is installed, 55" works for me, 60" crossbar might be offer a little more elbow room. Height setting in this picture is 22" which brings it over the shark fin antenna base.
Wow, that's a great deal. Where did you find it? I have been wanting the same setup but can't pony up the full amount. It's crazy expensive!

OP
OP
rooster

rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
STX FX4 SuperCrew
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, that's a great deal. Where did you find it? I have been wanting the same setup but can't pony up the full amount. It's crazy expensive!
I found the rebox at rackwarehouse.com who are based out of Vermont.

808matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Sport Package, 2015 f450 Bucket Truck
bit pricey but i think i'll be getting these 2 in the future

yakima.jpg