More Soft-top or tonneau Yakima HD Overhaul

N84ST

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I noticed a picture on trailer that shows the Yakima HD Overhaul mounted with just t-slot tracks over the side rails (drilling required), but the entire inside bed rails are open. Makes it look like there are way more options for tonneau covers that way. Also wanted opinions if it looks like a soft topper would fit in/under it with that setup.
https://www.etrailer.com/Ladder-Rac...DS_038gey31ALrLa0I8KS5V5x4bVlcR-oC00ZqUpzll8M
The picture I'm referencing looks like it's on an F150 FX4. It's attached.

Screenshot_2023-08-06-11-08-56-34_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

N84ST

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Specifically, it looks like the cleats on the tower base are reversed this way. Most pictures show them over the inside edge of the bed. I just can't tell if that's enough for the soft toppers to work correctly. Other inside the rail tonneaus should definitely work.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
Keep in mind the change to carrying capacity when you change mounting style.

With the setup from rackattack above it lowers the on and off road capacity... "Securely carry 300 lbs. of gear on-road and up to 180 lbs. off-road"

Using the supplied mounts the capacity is "500lb on-road carrying capacity, paired with 300lb off-road rating."

I went with the HD bars so I could carry more on the bars. So I skipped the bed cover and will eventually get a decked system.
Sponsored