OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I'm redoing my rear seat delete. Upgraded version will extend to the rear of the front seats and will have gas strut liftable floor panels (sectional) with camlocks. I am basically going to regain use of the factory storage areas.

I think total cost will be around $100 for the wood, faux pebble leather wrap, gas struts, and misc hardware. I think build time will be maybe one day if I do it all at once.

I think I'll use the other $1,800 I saved from buying this product and get some hookers and cocaine. Probably money better spent.

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
I'm redoing my rear seat delete. Upgraded version will extend to the rear of the front seats and will have gas strut liftable floor panels (sectional) with camlocks. I am basically going to regain use of the factory storage areas.

I think total cost will be around $100 for the wood, faux pebble leather wrap, gas struts, and misc hardware. I think build time will be maybe one day if I do it all at once.

I think I'll use the other $1,800 I saved from buying this product and get some hookers and cocaine. Probably money better spent.
$100 all-in? I hope your taste in coke and hookers is better than your taste in lumber. Or else you are going to be dead on a slab, with VD.
I really don’t understand the pricing on this one. It looks like a pretty basic system.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
$100 all-in? I hope your taste in coke and hookers is better than your taste in lumber. Or else you are going to be dead on a slab, with VD.
I really don’t understand the pricing on this one. It looks like a pretty basic system.
Not sure I understand that line of thinking, I don't need ancient oak aged in the tears of babies for interior use construction.

4 pieces of standard grade 2x4
2 pieces of 3/4 paneling
Misc Pieces of angle aluminum for capping
Top covering of choice
Glue
Screws

I'd say it would be $75 all in, but lumber pricing is in stupid land for a while now.

I think my current setup was about $50 minus the gear.

IMG_20220401_200635.jpg

IMG_20220401_200706.jpg

IMG_20220401_200718.jpg

IMG_20220109_173923.jpg

IMG_20220109_140145.jpg

IMG_20220109_064244.jpg

Last edited:

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
I'd say it would be $75 all in, but lumber pricing is in stupid land for a while now.

That’s what I meant

Reactions: Doc

T Bone

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Southern Adirondack Mountains of upstate NY
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
I emailed them about this setup and asked for info re: noise inside the cabin after taking the seats out and installing their 1900.00 system, got a flip response of " After many years of driving all sorts of vehicles we are not the ones to ask about noise! In all seriousness, we have not done any comparisons. BUT, there is certainly room behind the wall panels to add sound products. " I replied that for nearly 2 grand I would expect some sound proofing, screw that.

Wes Siler

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WesSiler.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2020 Toyota Land Cruiser
Occupation
Writer
I emailed them about this setup and asked for info re: noise inside the cabin after taking the seats out and installing their 1900.00 system, got a flip response of " After many years of driving all sorts of vehicles we are not the ones to ask about noise! In all seriousness, we have not done any comparisons. BUT, there is certainly room behind the wall panels to add sound products. " I replied that for nearly 2 grand I would expect some sound proofing, screw that.
Why would the seats, which have a significant gap between them and the body, impact noise levels inside the cabin?

T Bone

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Southern Adirondack Mountains of upstate NY
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
Why would the seats, which have a significant gap between them and the body, impact noise levels inside the cabin?
they fit fairly tight to the back, i took mine out and you couldnt hear yourself think inside the cabin the roar was so loud

Wes Siler

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WesSiler.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Writer
they fit fairly tight to the back, i took mine out and you couldnt hear yourself think inside the cabin the roar was so loud
Interesting. I'll pull my seats before I install the plates and see what it's like. Sounds like a good application for dynamat or similar.

My trucks already pretty loud given the LT Toyos and all the shit bolted to it. Wonder if dropping the seats will make a difference.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase

Hmm I have not noticed a difference since I did my rear seat delete.

That’s what I meant

Ok I lied, it is going to end up being about $100 when I am done. Those hookers and cocaine are going to be so good!

IMG_20220527_201659.jpg

IMG_20220527_201730.jpg

Wes Siler

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WesSiler.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Writer
Promised I'd report back when I got the delete installed, so here you go.

dogmobile-cubby.jpg

Install: It arrived without instructions, and I had to go back to the company for some missing parts. Honestly wasn't difficult to figure out though. Biggest issue was they prototyped on a Lariat, with the sub behind the rear seat on the passenger side. On my XLT, that's just an empty void. The plates are designed to re-use the bolt holes left behind by the seat, and rely on the vehicle's structure to square up. The 40 plate is designed to rest against that sub, so i had to recreate its shape with styrofoam and glue to get the thing to fit properly.

Whole job took about two hours (I wasn't rushing), three Allen keys, and a T50 bit. Anyone will be able to do it themselves.

Be careful to reconnect the seat sensors. Other than that, I did nothing special, and have no warning lights on. Just left the buckles connected under the plates.

Quality: Fit and finish are well past any OE part in the interior and the entire thing is STRONG. It's made using marine-grade baltic birch ply that's certified by Lloyd's of London for yacht construction. So lighter, stronger, and way more impervious to moisture than anything you're going to buy at Home Depot. I believe the coating is Bullet Liner, so that's going to last too.

No rattles, no squeaks, no movement. As for road noise, I can't detect any extra, but my truck is pretty noisy already with the 34-inch LTs, camper, and all the shit hanging off it.

PXL_20220730_221758249_2.jpg

Why: As you can see from the fur, I have three big dogs that total about 300 pounds, depending on how much raw chicken I've been feeding them. With the rear seat in there, they were all pretty uncomfortable and couldn't lay down. That manifested in whining, climbing over each other, and just a lot of annoyance. Now they all have room to lay down one what's basically a unified dog bed. I just cut a mattress topper to shape, covered it with a moving blanket, and connected that to the plates with one-inch c-clamps. That net is from Raingler. It works at keeping the dogs in the back, but I had to remove the B-pillar trim to connect it (the mounting tabs they give you would pull the trim out anyways), and it's stretched rearwards by the seats, so the dogs are still going to kill me if we have a really significant crash. I keep them in the cab so they have HVAC and so they're riding in a smaller, more stable, safer place while off-roading.

Is this for you? It's $2k shipped, which is expensive any way you look at it. Goose Gear makes really nice parts for really nice trucks. Think Land Cruisers. I know a lot of Ranger buyers are motivated by value, not the truck's reputation in far flung parts of the world, so a lot of you are going to balk at that price and build something yourselves instead. If you appreciate fit and finish, want nice parts in your truck, and need all that space the back seat is taking up, then you'll want this. If you're a cheapskate, then look elsewhere.

Let me know if you have any questions, or want any specific photos not included here. I'd like to be a resource for this community.

dogmobile-plates.jpg

Last edited:

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
If you appreciate fit and finish, want nice parts in your truck, and need all that space the back seat is taking up, then you'll want this. If you're a cheapskate, then look elsewhere.
Oh man that passive aggressive finishing line.

dumb-and-dumber-jim-carrey.gif

Wes Siler

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WesSiler.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Writer
Oh man that passive aggressive finishing line.
Not trying to be rude. Just pointing out that it's really helpful for brands like this to support our vehicles in an environment where owners like you and I are very much the minority.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Not trying to be rude. Just pointing out that it's really helpful for brands like this to support our vehicles in an environment where owners like you and I are very much the minority.
I see it very differently.

The storage is pitiful for the product price point and for that money they could not even work a design to not show the hardware points? And I don't know if its just how you installed it, but all those non-flush panel lines? For $2,000? But hey, its made of metal I guess?

I'm sorry, but no. I won't commend that company for that product.

I am already working on V3 of my rear seat delete which is far more advanced in construction than the current version and the current version has a crap-ton more storage, feature rich quality of life items like gas struts, as well as camlocks for the bottom and RFID hidden locks for the rear wall. Even with all the molle gear you are probably still only around $200-250 in total cost.

IMG_20220606_204849.jpg

IMG_20220606_204832.jpg

IMG_20220607_195641.jpg

V3 won't be that much more, maybe $300 tops; its just a re-make, but quality of life updates like side and front floor panels that follow the curvature of the truck interior. Most of the increased cost is in the herculiner coating.

sketch.jpg

Wes Siler

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WesSiler.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Writer
V3 won't be that much more, maybe $300 tops; its just a re-make, but quality of life updates like side and front floor panels that follow the curvature of the truck interior. Most of the increased cost is in the herculiner coating.
That looks like a really nice setup. If you were to produce it in volume, incorporate a business, and sell it, what do you think you'd need to charge to turn a profit?

I don't think the point of the Goose system is to provide enclosed storage areas on its own, although it makes sense to provide access to areas that are already there. It's to provide the most possible space, and the best possible surface to which you can then mount what you need. Think fridges, Pelican cases, etc. That's why all that hardware is exposed, so you can just bolt right to it.
Sponsored