After Spray Review - LINE-X® PREMIUM BEDLINER

DSB2015

First Name
Dylan B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
This is my 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat. I purchased it used with only 23,740 miles in immaculate shape.

I just had the bedliner sprayed on today from a franchise location in Houston. I'd say they did a really good job. Luckily removing the tie down hooks wasn't a hassle. The sales associate over the phone said they were prone to breaking, but I took them off with ease and the bolts went right back through the screw holes. At my request the rubber grommets came off as well, but not the "drain ports" near the back of the bed.

There's a 24-hour cure time but I'll likely leave it alone for a week or more, since I won't be hauling anytime soon.

Cost was $575 plus tax.

66387304588__D38E1639-D7EC-42F0-9244-6119419487DE.jpg
IMG_8502.jpg
IMG_8503.jpg
IMG_8504.jpg
IMG_8505.jpg

IMG_8506.jpg
Sponsored

a33maxi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
This is my 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat. I purchased it used with only 23,740 miles in immaculate shape.

I just had the bedliner sprayed on today from a franchise location in Houston. I'd say they did a really good job. Luckily removing the tie down hooks wasn't a hassle. The sales associate over the phone said they were prone to breaking, but I took them off with ease and the bolts went right back through the screw holes. At my request the rubber grommets came off as well, but not the "drain ports" near the back of the bed.

There's a 24-hour cure time but I'll likely leave it alone for a week or more, since I won't be hauling anytime soon.

Cost was $575 plus tax.

IMG_8502.jpg
IMG_8503.jpg
IMG_8504.jpg
IMG_8505.jpg

IMG_8506.jpg
Looks nice, I had mine done about a month ago. They did the same for me regarding the grommets and tie downs.

Good call on leaving it alone for a bit. Mine still had some tacky spots after a few days, but that may have been due to the cold weather up here.

1642189412926.png

1642189462356.png

Last edited:

remtv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT , 2001 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Engineer, Student
Since this seems to be the most up to date liner thread I'll post my experience as well, got a standard after going back and forth between it and premium on the 8th/yesterday, I actually called them after dropping it off and left a message about just upgrading to premium (591 vs 675) but they missed my call so its got done in standard. They actually just got done before I had a Thermal lab so I didn't get time to inspect it that day with the 30minute drive to get it.

At first glance it looked nice, I didn't think to ask them to remove the plastic plugs or to plug all the screw holes but they did remove all my tie downs, so I am going to have to tap some holes. Unfortunately I did get some overspray I noticed today. I was able to clean it off the rear window without issue but the 2 big globs on both sides of the tailgate are on there pretty good so we will see what they say tomorrow when I call them.

Kind of wish I checked a couple more options ( rhino liner and bullet liner were about as expensive or much farther away but there are couple of other places I could have checked) or had just gotten a bed rug before I scratched it up over the last 4 months, not really sure if there would have been a risk of rust from throwing a rug over some minor scratches.

20220208_172244.jpg

20220208_173031_HDR.jpg

20220209_163715.jpg

20220209_163727.jpg

BrassSlinger

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue Tremor Lariat,2017 Honda Civic
Occupation
Technician
Since this seems to be the most up to date liner thread I'll post my experience as well, got a standard after going back and forth between it and premium on the 8th/yesterday, I actually called them after dropping it off and left a message about just upgrading to premium (591 vs 675) but they missed my call so its got done in standard. They actually just got done before I had a Thermal lab so I didn't get time to inspect it that day with the 30minute drive to get it.

At first glance it looked nice, I didn't think to ask them to remove the plastic plugs or to plug all the screw holes but they did remove all my tie downs, so I am going to have to tap some holes. Unfortunately I did get some overspray I noticed today. I was able to clean it off the rear window without issue but the 2 big globs on both sides of the tailgate are on there pretty good so we will see what they say tomorrow when I call them.

Kind of wish I checked a couple more options ( rhino liner and bullet liner were about as expensive or much farther away but there are couple of other places I could have checked) or had just gotten a bed rug before I scratched it up over the last 4 months, not really sure if there would have been a risk of rust from throwing a rug over some minor scratches.

20220208_172244.jpg

20220208_173031_HDR.jpg

20220209_163715.jpg

20220209_163727.jpg
Yeah i would not be very happy with that over spray. Now i am nervous when i get mine done

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
Local Ford dealer uses a company that sprays “Bullet” manufacture bed liner. It cost me the same price as the OP.

It looked very good and was actually had a glossy finish to it. I would recommend their product. I asked if the desert sun caused issues and they said they never had problems and is why they still use that company.

They left the cargo loops in place and sprayed the liner over them but it was done nicely. There was no bare spots and I liked the finish product.
0B73B883-9FB3-4D6A-9E7F-976E50955509.jpeg

RangerRoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4

Cost was $575 plus tax.

IMG_8502.jpg
IMG_8503.jpg
IMG_8504.jpg
IMG_8505.jpg

IMG_8506.jpg
Where did you go in Houston? Looks good… looking to get this done soon.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
Local Ford dealer uses a company that sprays “Bullet” manufacture bed liner. It cost me the same price as the OP.

It looked very good and was actually had a glossy finish to it. I would recommend their product. I asked if the desert sun caused issues and they said they never had problems and is why they still use that company.

They left the cargo loops in place and sprayed the liner over them but it was done nicely. There was no bare spots and I liked the finish product.
0B73B883-9FB3-4D6A-9E7F-976E50955509.jpeg
They did a much better job than whoever is spraying them for the factory.

mailbox4449

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure yet
Any overspray can be removed without damaging paint.
Just dab some olive oil on the overspray and let it sit for awhile, and it will just wipe off.
I would think a little thinner or acetone would soften the overspray enough without damaging the paint underneath. Just put a good wax back on in the area as it will be removed as well.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
I would think a little thinner or acetone would soften the overspray enough without damaging the paint underneath. Just put a good wax back on in the area as it will be removed as well.
If you want to use paint thinner or acetone on a water based paint, be my guest.
I'm not a paint expert, but thinner and acetone are strong chemicals and the last stuff I would use on my Ranger.
Olive oil does work and will not harm your paint.

Hickesy

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2021 STX SuperCab 4x4
I shelled out $600 for the Line-X Premium and am delighted with it. I've given it a real battering since with all kinds of shit in the back and it's still spotless.

mailbox4449

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure yet
If you want to use paint thinner or acetone on a water based paint, be my guest.
I'm not a paint expert, but thinner and acetone are strong chemicals and the last stuff I would use on my Ranger.
Olive oil does work and will not harm your paint.
Worked in a body shop for years and we used thinner to clean old paint, new paint, etc like crazy. Won't hurt it if you don't go crazy. Detailed various vehicles over the years as well with it (if need be), and on vehicles that cost more than my house :crackup:
What do you think LineX or any of these outfits cleans their overspray with?? Just because you don't see them do it, doesn't mean it wasn't used. Even if you prep a vehicle correctly and cover it well, overspray can get into areas very easily. It was a daily occurance in the shop I worked for.

remtv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer, Student
Worked in a body shop for years and we used thinner to clean old paint, new paint, etc like crazy. Won't hurt it if you don't go crazy. Detailed various vehicles over the years as well with it (if need be), and on vehicles that cost more than my house :crackup:
What do you think LineX or any of these outfits cleans their overspray with?? Just because you don't see them do it, doesn't mean it wasn't used. Even if you prep a vehicle correctly and cover it well, overspray can get into areas very easily. It was a daily occurance in the shop I worked for.
Actually got a bit a follow up on my experience, the shop was able to get the overspray off with some IPA and a plastic scraper , unfortunately it too all the paint on the edge of the tailgate seam with it.

Also I noticed this behind my tailgate dampener the other day , as far as I can tell there is no rubbing and it wasn't there when I inspected the truck a month ago so who knows.
They mixed me some touch up paint for the seal that went on fine but I'll have to do something a out that big section that flaked off, who knows maybe they hit that area taking off the strut or something that it just flaked off on it's own. I put some of the paint I had on it for now and it hasn't come off yet

Besides that my paint has been pretty good

20220210_124342.jpg

20220222_122107.jpg

20220210_124336.jpg

20220222_122505.jpg

20220213_160439_HDR.jpg

mailbox4449

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure yet
Actually got a bit a follow up on my experience, the shop was able to get the overspray off with some IPA and a plastic scraper , unfortunately it too all the paint on the edge of the tailgate seam with it.

Also I noticed this behind my tailgate dampener the other day , as far as I can tell there is no rubbing and it wasn't there when I inspected the truck a month ago so who knows.
They mixed me some touch up paint for the seal that went on fine but I'll have to do something a out that big section that flaked off, who knows maybe they hit that area taking off the strut or something that it just flaked off on it's own. I put some of the paint I had on it for now and it hasn't come off yet

Besides that my paint has been pretty good

20220210_124342.jpg

20220222_122107.jpg

20220210_124336.jpg

20220222_122505.jpg

20220213_160439_HDR.jpg
Someone else in the forum had the same "chip" on the side of the rear fender like you...and he too had a dampener! I'm wondering if it may vibrate enough to rub that section of the fender inside?? I suggested to touch up paint it. Once it dries to use a little piece of rubber with double sided tape, or the felt/soft side of velcro and place it in the area as it looks like the dampener may rub a bit??

remtv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer, Student
Someone else in the forum had the same "chip" on the side of the rear fender like you...and he too had a dampener! I'm wondering if it may vibrate enough to rub that section of the fender inside?? I suggested to touch up paint it. Once it dries to use a little piece of rubber with double sided tape, or the felt/soft side of velcro and place it in the area as it looks like the dampener may rub a bit??
I think that was me ?, I've left it along for a couple weeks and the touch pain hasn't rubbed off yet
Sponsored