First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Automotive Paint and Equipment
The letters right by the shifters on my 21 do no it light up. Should they?????

16405445239103495054792360860071.jpg
Sponsored

Marpater

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Consulting
Standard cost cutting by Ford.
Guess since they show up in the dash display there was no need to light the console letters.
The one that really got me is the lack of a leather (Faux Leather) cover for the owners manual. Pay that much for a vehicle and they can't even put the owners manual in a cover. I went back to the dealership where I purchased the truck and raised a stink over this with the salesman, then he showed me that none of the new vehicles come with faux leather bound owners manual, how crappy is that, now where am I suppose to put my registration and proof of insurance? Buggers!!

OP
OP
JH1498

JH1498

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Automotive Paint and Equipment
No, their not lit.
Standard cost cutting by Ford.
Guess since they show up in the dash display there was no need to light the console letters.
That's what I figured, my daughter could not believe there isn't a light on the visor mirror. I guess that didn't bug me ???

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
The one that really got me is the lack of a leather (Faux Leather) cover for the owners manual. Pay that much for a vehicle and they can't even put the owners manual in a cover. I went back to the dealership where I purchased the truck and raised a stink over this with the salesman, then he showed me that none of the new vehicles come with faux leather bound owners manual, how crappy is that, now where am I suppose to put my registration and proof of insurance? Buggers!!
Call your salesman out on this....my 2021 owners manual pack came with a cover/pouch, whatever you want to call it.
If no satisfaction from your salesman (who's supposed to be working on your behalf...HaHa) go straight to the general mgr or the owner.
There is even a Ford part #.....GW7J-19A342BA

Last edited:

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
What's real dumb is they did light up until mid-way through the 2020 model year. My 2020, built 12/19, lights up.

Marpater

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Consulting
Call your salesman out on this....my 2021 owners manual pack came with a cover/pouch, whatever you want to call it.
If no satisfaction from your salesman (who's supposed to be working on your behalf...HaHa) go straight to the general mgr or the owner.
I did and thats why we went and looked at the new vehicles in the show room Explorer, Bronco Sport, Bronco (2) door Satsquash edition and a new Maverick and none of them had the manuals bound, amazing!

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I did and thats why we went and looked at the new vehicles in the show room Explorer, Bronco Sport, Bronco (2) door Satsquash edition and a new Maverick and none of them had the manuals bound, amazing!
ReRead my post....I edited it with a part #....little tag inside the pouch.
Not fakey stuff....kind of a ballistic nylon material.

Last edited:

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
Mine lights up but there's no indicator of what gear it's in. Instead of lighting the whole thing only the mode selected should light up.

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
Whenever I get mine, I plan on eventually(realistically, never) to snag assembly from a '19 from a salvage yard and swap around.

Seriously ford, I can by a 200pc bag of the same type of bulbs from amazon/ebay for like $10... You can sell one of your yachts.

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
I mean, honestly, it's pointless that it lights up. It doesn't indicate which position it's in. Only the gauge cluster displays that.

Marpater

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Consulting
There is even a Ford part #.....GW7J-19A342BA
Indeed there is a part number, we went to the part counter and the gentleman behind the counter said that the part number was for the manual and not the binder? I copied the part number you provided and it apparently is sold separately, so I am wondering if the stealership has to purchase them? welcome to 2021 where everything is extra!

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Going back to my first new car purchase, 1964 Ford Falcon Sprint, I cannot recall ever buying a new vehicle that did not come with some type of pouch/cover, ect to hold the owners manual's and associated info.
As far as the part # Ford has used that # for a # of years, so I think it is for the pouch itself, not the manual packet. You can even enter that # on Amazon and it comes up as a "Portfolio Pouch"

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
I wonder if it's just a socket under the shifter with no bulb in it.

Kinda like how there are threaded holes in the bed with no tie downs in them...or threaded holes by the spark plugs for an engine cover yet no cover.

tmcolegr

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Platinum 4x4 & 2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
SSM 49012 - 2020 Ranger - Transmission Selector Lever Backlighting Deleted - Built On And After 11-Jul-2020

2020 Ranger vehicles built on and after 11-Jul-2020 no longer have backlighting for the PARK, REVERSE, NEUTRAL, DRIVE, and SPORT (PRNDS) indicators on the transmission selector lever. This is an operating characteristic of the vehicle and no repairs should be attempted for this condition. Do not submit a warranty claim for this condition.
Sponsored