Ford Garage Door Visor

Cdveltri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Does anyone know if the Ford visor with programmable garage door opener buttons can be bought and installed into an XLT? I test drove a lariat with this feature, but my xlt didn’t come with it
Sponsored

TX-Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercab 2wd Lightning Blue/302A package/trailer tow/spray in bedliner
I am interested in this as well. I don't have my truck yet (estimated 4/19 delivery) but once it is here I am planning on pulling off the existing visor to check to see if the wiring is there. I did check with my local dealer for the part and it is orderable. The quote he gave me was out of this world but he did indicate the price should be coming down after the model has been out awhile. Will also be looking at the homelink module install as well:
https://www.amazon.com/HomeLink-60-...ords=homelink&qid=1554737493&s=gateway&sr=8-3

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know if the Ford visor with programmable garage door opener buttons can be bought and installed into an XLT? I test drove a lariat with this feature, but my xlt didn’t come with it
https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/visor-assy-sun-9746105-1#sectionId:95018898
$421.48 I think, I'd talk to your dealer to see if it can be added or not for sure.
I am interested in this as well. I don't have my truck yet (estimated 4/19 delivery) but once it is here I am planning on pulling off the existing visor to check to see if the wiring is there. I did check with my local dealer for the part and it is orderable. The quote he gave me was out of this world but he did indicate the price should be coming down after the model has been out awhile. Will also be looking at the homelink module install as well:
https://www.amazon.com/HomeLink-60-...ords=homelink&qid=1554737493&s=gateway&sr=8-3
Yea, I think we've talked about this add on some where else in the forums. Around $421 add on LOL.

upload_2019-4-8_10-17-59.png

OP
OP
Cdveltri

Cdveltri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Haha yea $421 is not worth it to me, that’s insane! Even $170 sounds high to me for the amazon solution. Thanks guys for the response, I’ll probably just stick with a clicker.

LewisLegacy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, it's making me think about integrating it with my Google Home routines so I can tell Google via Android Auto to open or close the garage. I think it's doable...

FLEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, it's making me think about integrating it with my Google Home routines so I can tell Google via Android Auto to open or close the garage. I think it's doable...
FWIW I tried to run a simple Google Home routine the other day and it said routines are not supported on this device. Never had that issue just using the phone.

LewisLegacy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
FWIW I tried to run a simple Google Home routine the other day and it said routines are not supported on this device. Never had that issue just using the phone.
Yeah, I noticed that. basically as long as i'm not using Sync 3's assistant to do it, it seems to work. (I installed the smart relay yesterday, works like a charm from inside the house.)
Sponsored