Some super cool Ford Truck news coming this week.

pannwfn

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 fx4 level II
What I don't understand is this is a 5G Ranger site we all are already sold on it. Oh by the way the old woman saw or seen depends on if she remembers how to speak English a Ford Ranger commercial a few days ago.
Sponsored

pannwfn

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 fx4 level II
  1. Hu
    In 2007, when I bought the first year Toyota FJ Cruiser, they sent me the coolest Autoart diecast replica. FORD, are you listening?
Yeah I got all sorts of cool stuff when I bought my GT350.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Yeah. Same geniuses that FAILED to include Texas and surrounding states in the first commercial target. Boston, Los Angeles, Phoenix, and Seattle? When one thinks pickup trucks, Texas is the first place that comes to mind.
Yeah, Texas size trucks...I think focusing mid size truck ads on more densely populated areas makes sense.

One Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
family fleet of 4
Maybe Mr. Levine will announce they stole Chuck Norris from Toyota and are announcing a “Walker Texas Ranger” special edition

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
If it's something as lame as the commercial announcement, I'd say, that we, Ranger5G.com, personally send him a message that his "big suprise announcements" are as lame as _______________________________. (fill in the space)

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I got a GoPro and some kind of certificate when I got my Focus ST. Also got a bunch of posters and stuff from the ST marketing dept. I got a full tank of for the Ranger, so I guess that's something :) Did this "huge truck news" come out yet?

One Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
family fleet of 4
I see Mr. Levine is praising the 2020 Transit Van on his Tweeter page. i hope that is not his "cool truck news."

How about $2,500 customer cash for pre-order customers waiting since August 2018 and Ford still has not produced yet?

khyros

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Crewcab FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah. Same geniuses that FAILED to include Texas and surrounding states in the first commercial target. Boston, Los Angeles, Phoenix, and Seattle? When one thinks pickup trucks, Texas is the first place that comes to mind.
You realize that they're marketing the Ranger as a lifestyle vehicle right? As such, the ads are specifically targeting the city folk who want weekend adventures. The Ranger is positioned such that it's a feasible vehicle within a city (whereas an F-150 is too large and therefore not even a consideration), but provides access to the great wilderness and adventure on the weekend, something a Honda Civic isn't capable of*. So by focusing (especially on the coastal cities where Ford has been trying to gain market share) on cities, especially those that might not jump to the top of your mind as adventure cities (Boston, LA... though I would argue the entire PNW has a reputation of adventure, as does Denver), they are looking to excite those who are bored with their mundane city life, and then see the Ranger commercial, and be like "hey, that's my city! I didn't even know I could be doing this stuff. If I had a Ranger I could have an exciting life without needing to sacrifice anything."

I think it's a really smart ad campaign, though if it were me, I'd show more of the truck than of the adventure... But when you really think about it, what does the Ranger tangibly have over other midsize trucks? In a 30 second ad you can't really factually state how it rides better than a frontier, you can't show that it's more comfortable than a taco, you can't show that it's more cohesive than a colorado. So they're working off of the association of a Ranger can open a world of possibilities that you previously hadn't even considered. It's at least 10x better than the built ford proud ads that were aired in Q4 2018.

*At least that's the image they want to portray - how many people are actually going to do something with the Ranger such that a Civic wouldn't be able to do is probably really small, but marketing is all about emotion, not logic.

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase

LightningBlue

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lightning Blue XLT FX4/ 2023 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Mr. Levine is being followed on twitter for Ranger news but... I really hate having to hear his stupid political tweets.
I think you should tell him to read his market. I mean, I’d say 95% of truck buyers probably disagree with his virtue signaling.

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Screw
Mr. Levine is being followed on twitter for Ranger news but... I really hate having to hear his stupid political tweets.
I can't do Twitter, Facebook, CNN or Fox News because of politics. You pretty much have to be on the extreme left or the far right to have anything in common with these people. And yes, everybody has an opinion and they all demand to be heard. I can barely do the internet these days because of political dysfunction and those on both sides who condone it........
:punch::headbang: <---------- pretty much says it all.

One Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
family fleet of 4
I can't do Twitter, Facebook, CNN or Fox News because of politics. You pretty much have to be on the extreme left or the far right to have anything in common with these people. And yes, everybody has an opinion and they all demand to be heard. I can barely do the internet these days because of political dysfunction and those on both sides who condone it........
:punch::headbang: <---------- pretty much says it all.

Yeah, I'm taking the Mr Levine "channel" off my list. A fire truck and a bucket truck? Really? Not worth having to read all of the political BS nonsense.

What about giving me some cash incentive to have stuck it out waiting for over 6 months? That would be some cool news!
Sponsored