XL 16" Steel Wheel Center Caps

Gone Blue

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT 4X4 Ingot Silver
OK stupid question............ I bought a set of XL steel 16" wheels, center caps, and factory lug nuts for winter wheels on my XLT. Is there any trick to not loosing the center caps? The centering flanges on the hubs prevented me pre-installing the center caps before I threw the wheels on the truck unless you are supposed to index them? I snapped on the center caps after I mounted the wheels and the caps didn't seem to retain very well? My first road trip I lost a center cap and they are $40 each new. I only paid $100 for (4) wheels, (4) center caps, and (24) factory lug nuts. What am I missing? Thx G.B.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gone Blue

Gone Blue

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT 4X4 Ingot Silver
Anybody?????

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
im surprised no one answered this. i wish i knew. my assumption is the caps are a sort of push and turn to lock in place style. look around the rim of the cap for a notch or protrusion.

maxbottomtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT SCAB 4x4
OK stupid question............ I bought a set of XL steel 16" wheels, center caps, and factory lug nuts for winter wheels on my XLT. Is there any trick to not loosing the center caps? The centering flanges on the hubs prevented me pre-installing the center caps before I threw the wheels on the truck unless you are supposed to index them? I snapped on the center caps after I mounted the wheels and the caps didn't seem to retain very well? My first road trip I lost a center cap and they are $40 each new. I only paid $100 for (4) wheels, (4) center caps, and (24) factory lug nuts. What am I missing? Thx G.B.
what size tire are you running for winters on the 16s?

Thanks!

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
Not the OP, but I picked up a set of 16” Bronco steelies for winters. I’m running 265/75 R16.

0597E110-4DF1-4D08-BB9E-F81F444FAEDC.jpeg

maxbottomtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT SCAB 4x4
Not the OP, but I picked up a set of 16” Bronco steelies for winters. I’m running 265/75 R16.

0597E110-4DF1-4D08-BB9E-F81F444FAEDC.jpeg
Are you on stock suspension? Do the broncos have an offset that is different from the ranger? Any modifications to the crash bars?

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
Are you on stock suspension? Do the broncos have an offset that is different from the ranger? Any modifications to the crash bars?
I’m on stock Tremor suspension. No spacers, no level, no crash bar mod/removal. I’ve read several stories of Ranger owners buying Bronco take-offs. From what I’ve read, you are okay. I have not seen feedback on the Sasquatch rims. I do know the 35” will not fit without some work.

maxbottomtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT SCAB 4x4
I’m on stock Tremor suspension. No spacers, no level, no crash bar mod/removal. I’ve read several stories of Ranger owners buying Bronco take-offs. From what I’ve read, you are okay. I have not seen feedback on the Sasquatch rims. I do know the 35” will not fit without some work.
Thanks! I’ve got ranger takeoff rims but unsure if the broncos you got to fit differ.

the tremor is same clearance/ride height as non tremor 4x4, right? No built in level or lift.

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
Thanks! I’ve got ranger takeoff rims but unsure if the broncos you got to fit differ.

the tremor is same clearance/ride height as non tremor 4x4, right? No built in level or lift.
I believe for the most part the Tremor is the same as non-tremor. The Tremor’s additional 1” of ground clearance comes from the tire height as I understand it. Thought I could be wrong. Wheel and tire figment is identical across all the North American Rangers though.
Sponsored