Would a Yakima Overhaul Rack work with this T Slot Rail?

deeve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
I am trying to figure out a rack and bed cover system that maximizes bed space/functionality with a good rack system. For a rack, I would like to use the Yakima Overhaul setup, but with that there are limited bed cover options. Does anyone know if the Elevate T Slot rail would work with the Overhaul? It looks like it might and if it does, it would work with a nice variety of bed covers. The Elevate system the rails are supposed to work with do not appear to be very strong compared to the Yakima system.
Sponsored

Ryan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
It looks like it may, but I'd call/email E-Trailer to confirm. They're generally pretty good about that stuff.

One thing to note - mounting the Overhaul to a slot-rail system will reduce total carrying capacity compared to what would be available if the Overhaul were mounted directly to the regular bed rails (or so I was told by Yakima while planning a similar setup with a Pace Edwards Ultragroove cover).

OP
OP
deeve

deeve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
It looks like it may, but I'd call/email E-Trailer to confirm. They're generally pretty good about that stuff.

One thing to note - mounting the Overhaul to a slot-rail system will reduce total carrying capacity compared to what would be available if the Overhaul were mounted directly to the regular bed rails (or so I was told by Yakima while planning a similar setup with a Pace Edwards Ultragroove cover).
I actually just noticed that this morning while doing some more research. Looks like a pretty significant drop to 300 gear on road and 180 off road. Here is a link to the adapter kit

Interestingly the rack that goes with these t slots will carry 750 on road and 250 off. Seems like I might go with the Truck Hero setup.

Ryan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Interesting, I'm curious how that system is able to support twice the weight than that of a cover with rails integrated already. I'd love to hear how that setup works for you if you go with it.

I just installed my Pace Edwards cover tonight with some Rhino Rack feet/bars going on tomorrow. At this point I'm not throwing very much weight on it (just a few bikes/snowboards, maybe a platform with some coolers or something), but I am concerned whether my setup will truly support a RTT if/when I go that route.

OP
OP
deeve

deeve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Definetly will. What model cover did you go with? Are you mounting the Rhino Rack to the cover?

Ryan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
OP
OP
deeve

deeve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Looks like a good setup. Post up your opinion when you get it all built if you don’t mind.

Tim L.

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 Sabre; 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE 350 4Matic
I am trying to figure out a rack and bed cover system that maximizes bed space/functionality with a good rack system. For a rack, I would like to use the Yakima Overhaul setup, but with that there are limited bed cover options. Does anyone know if the Elevate T Slot rail would work with the Overhaul? It looks like it might and if it does, it would work with a nice variety of bed covers. The Elevate system the rails are supposed to work with do not appear to be very strong compared to the Yakima system.
Please let us know this works and share a picture. I would be interested in doing the same thing.

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase

Skiibum

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Supercrew Lariat
Maybe I'm reviving a dead thread, but did you make a decision and are you happy with the result?
Sponsored