"whistling" sound from new Borla S Type cat back exhaust installation......what is it??!!

OP
OP
Jackpot Tremor

Jackpot Tremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor 4x4
Occupation
Self Employed
I have this Gibson muffler welded into my otherwise stock exhaust and have the same sound you're describing. I just assumed it's the turbo spinning at max rpm with the throttle wide open, just moving a lot of air.

it's weird that more people would tell you that after they modified their exhaust.......if I would have read that any exhaust mods would make my truck whistle LOUD at WOT then I would have just left it stock! I tried to do a lot of research and watched videos before I bought it and no one really said "beware of whistling"...LOL...It just doesn't seem normal......I drive stop and go all the time and live in So CA so I drive "aggressive" to get around all the dumb a$$es on their cell phones or the Prius drivers driving slow in the fast lane.....I have zero patience for those drivers so yeh, I floor it and go around.......but every time I do that my truck whistles loud......
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jackpot Tremor

Jackpot Tremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor 4x4
Occupation
Self Employed
ok, here's the update regarding the Borla "S" type exhaust........I took the truck back to my mechanic and we tried everything to isolate the whistling sound to make sure it was the exhaust.......sure enough, after I installed the new
MBRP
3" Cat Back, Single Side Exit, Black Coated Ford Ranger Ecoboost 2.3L 2019 - 2021
MBRP: S5227BLK cat back exhaust system the whistling is 100% gone!!

what sucks is the Borla system was stainless and built well and expensive but it's shitty that it made a stupid LOUD whistling sound at WOT......what a freaking waste of time & $$......I DO NOT recommend BORLA!.....it was probably something inside their system causing it. I didn't want to deal with sending that huge thing back or "fighting" Borla over the sound......I gave it to the mechanic to sell online on offer-up and asked him to "hook me up" on my next Amsoil synthetic oil change! I've had my mechanic for years and I'll need something in the future and I know he'll treat me right after letting him sell the Borla exhaust and keep the $$.

The MBRP sounds great!!.....nice low rumble but not too obnoxious and gives my tremor a nice note!....I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE MBRP!

AZ Tremor

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor Lariat
ok, here's the update regarding the Borla "S" type exhaust........I took the truck back to my mechanic and we tried everything to isolate the whistling sound to make sure it was the exhaust.......sure enough, after I installed the new
MBRP
3" Cat Back, Single Side Exit, Black Coated Ford Ranger Ecoboost 2.3L 2019 - 2021
MBRP: S5227BLK cat back exhaust system the whistling is 100% gone!!

what sucks is the Borla system was stainless and built well and expensive but it's shitty that it made a stupid LOUD whistling sound at WOT......what a freaking waste of time & $$......I DO NOT recommend BORLA!.....it was probably something inside their system causing it. I didn't want to deal with sending that huge thing back or "fighting" Borla over the sound......I gave it to the mechanic to sell online on offer-up and asked him to "hook me up" on my next Amsoil synthetic oil change! I've had my mechanic for years and I'll need something in the future and I know he'll treat me right after letting him sell the Borla exhaust and keep the $$.

The MBRP sounds great!!.....nice low rumble but not too obnoxious and gives my tremor a nice note!....I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE MBRP!
Glad you like the sound. I LOVE the cold start rumble. My dog recognizes the remote start every morning now.
Sponsored