njrucci

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I have 1 inch wheel spacers on front and rear. When I get to 80-85mph the seats shake. I had my tires road forced balanced twice. Tire size 32 10.5 R17
Sponsored

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I have 1 inch wheel spacers on front and rear. When I get to 80-85mph the seats shake. I had my tires road forced balanced twice. Tire size 32 10.5 R17
You use hub centric rings? I don't and don't have any issues...but it could be a problem if you don't have rings and torque them down carelessly...

OP
OP
njrucci

njrucci

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Vehicle Showcase
You use hub centric rings? I don't and don't have any issues...but it could be a problem if you don't have rings and torque them down carelessly...
they are torqued right. I wounded if the stock wheel studs are to long.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
they are torqued right. I wounded if the stock wheel studs are to long.
First, do you have hub rings? Second, by torquing correctly, I mean the method used. I don't have rings so I rely on "lug centricity"...by which I center the wheels/spacers by slowly tightening the lugs in star pattern and increase torque round and round until final 100 ft/lb...also, this needs to be done with the wheel/tires jacked off the ground...

OP
OP
njrucci

njrucci

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Vehicle Showcase
First, do you have hub rings? Second, by torquing correctly, I mean the method used. I don't have rings so I rely on "lug centricity"...by which I center the wheels/spacers by slowly tightening the lugs in star pattern and increase torque round and round until final 100 ft/lb...also, this needs to be done with the wheel/tires jacked off the ground...
I don’t have rings. But I did torture just like you said

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t have rings. But I did torture just like you said
I hope you didn't "torture" it lol...seriously, you might consider going back to zero state...remove the spacers and test drive...if that got rid of the vibration then examine each of the spacers for differences...there might be one that's out of spec...if all the same...try reinstalling again carefully and see if the problem persists...all else fails, I'd ask for a refund...which brand did you get btw?

OP
OP
njrucci

njrucci

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I hope you didn't "torture" it lol...seriously, you might consider going back to zero state...remove the spacers and test drive...if that got rid of the vibration then examine each of the spacers for differences...there might be one that's out of spec...if all the same...try reinstalling again carefully and see if the problem persists...all else fails, I'd ask for a refund...which brand did you get btw?
yea I have been messing with them all day. I had them on for like a year and thoughtmy tires were out of balance. So I got them road forced balance and still have the same problem. So right now I am only running the front spacers because then it doesn’t shake. And the brand was cheap that’s why I think they are the problem

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
yea I have been messing with them all day. I had them on for like a year and thoughtmy tires were out of balance. So I got them road forced balance and still have the same problem. So right now I am only running the front spacers because then it doesn’t shake. And the brand was cheap that’s why I think they are the problem
I think that may be the issue...I got mine from:
https://www.uswheeladapters.com/
I actually used their Taco adapters and have been very happy with them...
Sponsored