What's the total payload?

GreyThumper

First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Raptor, a BMW R1200GS, a BMW R1150R
Kinda weird, I can't find a figure for total payload online. The various reviews and even official Ford websites have payloads ranging from low 600kgs to high 700kgs (I guess each country makes different assumptions regarding number of passengers and fuel?). Even the Raptor supplementary manual doesn't have it. I was expecting it to be on the driver's doorsill, but it seems that that info is not a requirement in my country (over here it's just a sticker for suggested tire pressures :-S )

Anyway, do you know the max total payload (passengers, fuel, cargo, everything)? Thanks!
Sponsored

tehschkott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Cat herder
Vehicle Showcase
Kinda weird, I can't find a figure for total payload online. The various reviews and even official Ford websites have payloads ranging from low 600kgs to high 700kgs (I guess each country makes different assumptions regarding number of passengers and fuel?). Even the Raptor supplementary manual doesn't have it. I was expecting it to be on the driver's doorsill, but it seems that that info is not a requirement in my country (over here it's just a sticker for suggested tire pressures :-S )

Anyway, do you know the max total payload (passengers, fuel, cargo, everything)? Thanks!
The GVM rating is publicly viewable.

OP
OP
GreyThumper

GreyThumper

First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! Exactly, GVM info is so easy to find for the Ranger, so I don't get why it feels "hidden" for the Ranger Raptor. I see pics of loaded up Raptors, shocks compressed, and I suspect a lot of owners don't know the payload is significantly less than a Rangers. I wonder if the company thinks it'll be a turnoff to purchase or something.

painter1

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ZX2, F350
Last edited:

OP
OP
GreyThumper

GreyThumper

First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

painter1

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ZX2, F350
Holy cow, thanks! Weird how I missed that. Anyway, good to know that it's officially 766.
No worries ! btw, that's probably max, less any extra factory options. But still pretty decent for what you get !
Sponsored