First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
"Once it shows, it cannot be erased; a tuner said the code gets stored in the car's Body Control Module; a forum poster wrote that Dodge updated its software in 2018 for the code to be written to the BCM."

Sounds like a job for FORSCAN.
Sponsored

LuckyMonkey7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Lightning

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
I got a canned tune for my car, but only after 5 yrs, once the warranty expired. Some people don't care, some people care & others just like to bitch.
You gotta pay to play.

FunInTheSun

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL 4x4, STX, in Velocity Blue
Occupation
Engineer (Semi-Retired)
Vehicle Showcase
"So you wanna go fast? Fast costs money... How fast you wanna go?"

RDJTX

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Edge 1995 Cobra
Occupation
IT Demi-God
So clearly the owner does not want to admit about the tune. Also it is required after a certain mileage (can't remember what mileage) that the PCM gets replaced and flashed as part of the break-in period.

That said the vehicle has way more power than you need on the street anyway.
Reminds me of a conversation I had with my Dad when I bought my first Cobra ... it was RIO RED ... he walked around it and said. "boy that will get you a ticket parked on the street".
Me: "Yeah, probably".
Him: "you don't need all that".
Me: "Pop .. what's need got to do with it?"

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
“If one breaks his [upgraded] turbo engine, it is not going to be paid for by anyone’s warranty – exactly the same situation as waiting until the factory warranty expires then adding [boost]. Which means that waiting out the factory warranty before installing [upgrades/tune] accomplishes nothing except ensuring that the mechanism is one-third [or more] used up before the [upgrade/tune]. Furthermore, it eliminates the fun of ever owning a nice new automobile with enhanced power. It is rare for a modern automobile to have an engine/drivetrain problem within the warranty duration. Those problems that do appear are generally minor and will likely cost under a [few] hundred dollars to repair. To preserve the warranty for many thousands of miles to avoid a possible [few] hundred-dollar component failure rather than enjoying the extra performance seems to me the poorer choice.”

- Corky Bell, Maximum Boost, 1997

*Not applicable to Dodge.. it seems they like to break things a bit more than a few hundred dollars inside of the warranty....... .. .. . ... .
Sponsored