First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
Hello folks, I’ve been trying to figure out what’s causing my vibration, which I mainly feel in my seats. So I think it’s definitely coming from the rear. I feel it the most while cruising at 40 and around 70. I’ve taken it to discount tire for road force and they said tires are balancing fine. My next guess is driveline.

I’m visiting my dad this weekend and he has a lift at his shop, I was wondering if while the truck is on the lift, if it would be a good idea to remove the rear wheels and give it gas and see if I could feel any vibration in the cab. Would this be a good way to get an idea if its driveline related or even transmission? Just an idea that popped in my mind.

Last resort is taking it to the dealership, as I know they will give me crap about my eibach struts and aftermarket tires and immediately blame that.

Thanks guys
Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
Identical issue as mine. Gaudin ford told me today it’s a defective driver side rear axle. Have you noticed a leaky axle yet wetting the inside of your wheel? Two forum post about this going on now. My ranger only has 7,100 miles on it. It’s gonna be a while for the repair due to parts.

OP
OP
VegasRanger

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
Identical issue as mine. Gaudin ford told me today it’s a defective driver side rear axle. Have you noticed a leaky axle yet wetting the inside of your wheel? Two forum post about this going on now. My ranger only has 7,100 miles on it. It’s gonna be a while for the repair due to parts.
I’ll have to take a look. So are they keeping the truck till it fixed?

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity