First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger
Occupation
Retired
They did cover most of the rental but after 42 days even though it was only costing $10 a day I couldn't afford it any more. I love my job but I get paid in sunsets and experiences mores so than dollars. Wildland fire doesn't make near what our structure counterparts do.

I have a case with Ford customer care open and the rep there has at least made me fell like she is trying
Sponsored

Cwalker

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger
Occupation
Retired
I am also waiting on ford body parts . Both doors and roclear panel for 2020 super cab. 10 weeks and still waiting. Get a new deliv3ery date every week.

jtop

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Pilot
I have issues with the "Lane keep" and "Adaptive Cruise". Ford Dealer says that's to bad.
As far as "Lane Keep" goes, it wanders in the lane side to side twice then heads for the ditch. It is repeatable issue.
"Adaptive Cruise" will slow down to match the car in front of it and if that car pulls out of the lane, it accelerates quickly and will hit the next car in the lane. Happens every time.
Ford says to bad.

jtop

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Pilot
can you post a video of the lane keeping? it's not lane centering or some fancy auto pilot, it works differently. a number of factors can make it do weird things...thats why you have to maintain control as a driver. you feel the steering wheel pull or vibrate, but unless you have a TG damper, it should never overcome your strength.
as for the adaptive cruise....the first part is functioning as designed...but what i dont get is "hitting the next car in the lane"...can you explain that a little better? are you meaning the next car in front, in the same lane, or do you mean a parallel lane? are you changing lanes? sounds like a shit show....or just a poor description of events.
maybe you need to back off the bars for space a little if you're setting it for the minimum gap.
I am talking about staying in the same lane and I have the bars backed off to the max. The only thing it doesn't do is sound the bugle charge before it takes off.
If you don't intervene, brake, it will hit the next car in the lane. It's like the radar checks off.
As a former Flight Test Pilot, I evaluate issues on the basis of "one time" or repeatable. These are repeatable.
I see there is a Bulletin from Ford about the "Adaptive Cruise" and on Youtube other postings on the "Lane Keep".
We have a 2020 Explorer and these items work flawlessly. Why not the Ranger?

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
I am talking about staying in the same lane and I have the bars backed off to the max. The only thing it doesn't do is sound the bugle charge before it takes off.
If you don't intervene, brake, it will hit the next car in the lane. It's like the radar checks off.
As a former Flight Test Pilot, I evaluate issues on the basis of "one time" or repeatable. These are repeatable.
I see there is a Bulletin from Ford about the "Adaptive Cruise" and on Youtube other postings on the "Lane Keep".
We have a 2020 Explorer and these items work flawlessly. Why not the Ranger?
What are your settings for the Lane Keeping system? You may need to turn up the intensity on the Assist setting.

For the ACC, does your vehicle fall into the range for this upcoming recall?

Ford’s defect report issued to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reveals that the issue was caused by the use of an incorrect radar alignment software program during production.

Involved in the recall are a total of 588 Ford Ranger models produced between June 5, 2021, and July 13, 2021.

Owners will be notified by mail by February 7, 2021, and instructed to bring their vehicle to a Ford or Lincoln dealership to have the angle of the radar cruise control module adjusted free of charge.”

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
So Monday I started the buy back process and what do you know today they got it back together.
Good news right?
Apparently not because it’s not fixed. I’m way over this truck and Ford.
shame you have to deal with this mess. id be insistent on the buy back / replacement.

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
sucks you gotta start over. hope you have better luck in your next ride.

WingShot

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT, Tremor, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Graphic Artist
So Monday I started the buy back process and what do you know today they got it back together.
Good news right?
Apparently not because it’s not fixed. I’m way over this truck and Ford.
Hearing your experience, I can’t blame you. Good luck, hope they figure out something for you.

Nopalito

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Cactus Grey XLT
Occupation
Emergency Manager
I’d make a huge stink to corporate stating that you’re a woodland firefighter and not having your truck or a loaner is putting others at risk.
and demand a buyback or loaner reimbursement plus stopped payments til it’s fixed.

Kino

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 F150 Lariat, '21 BS BL, '18 GC, '74 Ghia
Occupation
Chair Warmer
sounds like the dealer was at least trying to resolve it. too bad it took so long.
Yes. The dealer did that. I was patient, because: 1) It is not a daily driver, 2) I know all the crap that's been going on in the industry (this is not just a Ford "thing"), and 3) my F-150 was begining to act strangely (was told that I could drive it for awhile before anything was noticeable).

It is now it's driving better with the repair.
Sponsored