Strokerduster

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger XLT, 2019 Edge ST, 1946 CJ2a street rod, shop full of motoorcycles
Vehicle Showcase
Two years ago today, I picked up my HPR Scab. I special ordered it about 30 minutes after the order bank opened as I have done on several new models. Supposedly was the 1st Scab delivered in Tx. and was the 1st one received (Vin seq 3840) by a member on here. As of today, only issue was battery and bms were replaced when typical ASS quit working. 25k miles with an average of 22.1 mpg (I never reset my mpg) as a running total. Probably 70/30 in town on the road usage. 2wd, locker, tow, as I never have needed to use 4wd on any of my trucks in the past. I have been thru 2 big snow events, for anyone south of the Mason Dixon line anyhow, and had no issues at all. If I lived in the UP Mi., it would be a different story, and I would want 4wd. No issues of fuel dilution, trans shifting funny, paint peeling, (A few rock chips sure) but none of the major issues you read about. It's comfortable, easy to get in/out of spots, handles well, runs good and tows great. My wife and have taken several 2k mile type road trips in it. She has a bad back but prefers it to her Edge ST or previous MKX. I just changed the oil for the 4th time (I do it myself and it's Easy) including engine and cabin air filters. I have some detail supplies coming and will give it a complete going over and be ready for another 2 years. Best upgrade was the Eibach shocks/struts, marked improvement. I LOVE this truck.

IMG_3695.jpg
Sponsored

FordSpeed

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger FX4 Supercrew
Glad to hear you've had a great experience so far!

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
Two years ago today, I picked up my HPR Scab. I special ordered it about 30 minutes after the order bank opened as I have done on several new models. Supposedly was the 1st Scab delivered in Tx. and was the 1st one received (Vin seq 3840) by a member on here. As of today, only issue was battery and bms were replaced when typical ASS quit working. 25k miles with an average of 22.1 mpg (I never reset my mpg) as a running total. Probably 70/30 in town on the road usage. 2wd, locker, tow, as I never have needed to use 4wd on any of my trucks in the past. I have been thru 2 big snow events, for anyone south of the Mason Dixon line anyhow, and had no issues at all. If I lived in the UP Mi., it would be a different story, and I would want 4wd. No issues of fuel dilution, trans shifting funny, paint peeling, (A few rock chips sure) but none of the major issues you read about. It's comfortable, easy to get in/out of spots, handles well, runs good and tows great. My wife and have taken several 2k mile type road trips in it. She has a bad back but prefers it to her Edge ST or previous MKX. I just changed the oil for the 4th time (I do it myself and it's Easy) including engine and cabin air filters. I have some detail supplies coming and will give it a complete going over and be ready for another 2 years. Best upgrade was the Eibach shocks/struts, marked improvement. I LOVE this truck.

IMG_3695.jpg
Nice truck and thanks for the update. ? to another 2 years+ of good service and enjoyment.

Tim H.

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4X4, 2016 Corvette Stingray
Occupation
REALTOR

IMG_3695.jpg
Good post, great update Paul. Glad you still enjoy your truck. ??

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT super cab (dog space)
Occupation
trails maintenance
At 18K we still like ours. :thumbsup: I'm not really sure that what our mileage is but it makes little difference. Still a nice mid-sized truck.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Happy to hear she's treating you right Paul. My wife has nerve damage in her back from a car accident years ago. She said the seats in our STX are the most comfortable seats she has sat in for a long time. Ford hit it out of the park with the seats for sure.

BTW, I'm only 2 months into my ownership of our Ranger SCAB, and I hope I can report the same good news when my 2 years are up. :thumbsup:

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
Tks for the write up. Good news!
I like your color, I wanted red also but not available & it was a really good deal
so I got the blue. Only 2 months with 2300km & no gas in oil or other issues.
Only thing, but still winter gas, is I'm doing 17/18 mpg. We love the seats in the
truck & my wife also has back issues sometimes.
Sponsored