Tribute to Phil

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
Happy Birthday Phil!
I appreciate your willingness to share your knowledge and experiences with the forum.
Take care.
Sponsored

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PHIL!!!? YOU’RE THE BEST! Thank you for sharing your wisdom and insight! Wishing you many more happy years with Margie and Tito!?
Happy Birthday. Phil.

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
He's Batman ... He was Ford Blue in the early days but later choose the blackout package , Lots of stuff we are seeing now was first tested on the Batmobile... He has no need for birthdays cause he doesn't age , he hates birthday cake so send those to me ,

Care of Robin , Wayne Manor...

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
so hows tito phil? he back to normal
Hi Mark,

He is getting back to normal tortoise mode, but still has not gotten over the constipation yet...Took him for a Truck Ride yesterday and gave him a soaking bath with this new Reptile Electrolyte soak that we bought on line. He is eating a few handfulls of Kale so not back to eating a full plate each day. Still loves the strawberry desert treat and the nose bump with me as a sign of affection, reptile style.

What is different is that he does not care to be out in the backyard and when we place him out in the sun to warm up and get some Vitamin D, he is good to sit on his shell and bask in the sun for about 30 minutes, then makes his way back to the patio sliding glass door and back in the house...no interest in being outside...wants to be inside with us I guess.

best,
Phil

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hi Mark,

He is getting back to normal tortoise mode, but still has not gotten over the constipation yet...Took him for a Truck Ride yesterday and gave him a soaking bath with this new Reptile Electrolyte soak that we bought on line. He is eating a few handfulls of Kale so not back to eating a full plate each day. Still loves the strawberry desert treat and the nose bump with me as a sign of affection, reptile style.

What is different is that he does not care to be out in the backyard and when we place him out in the sun to warm up and get some Vitamin D, he is good to sit on his shell and bask in the sun for about 30 minutes, then makes his way back to the patio sliding glass door and back in the house...no interest in being outside...wants to be inside with us I guess.

best,
Phil
Wow I guess I really am tired today, when I first read this I thought it said Erectile soak. I was going to say that's way to much info there Phil.?

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
maybe tito needs a girl friend
Hi Mark,

Does not work that way...Sonoran Desert Tortoise are solitary animals...do not want another tortoise around.... Headaches with female laying eggs and then dealing with hatchlings.... We know he is already a daddy anyway... Before we got him he was used to service several female tortoise by the breeder...

best,
Phil

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Mark,

best,
Phil
Hi Folks,

Update of sorts..... Until today, the poor tortoise was constipated and was quite lethargic. We were going to embark on trying to give Tito 5cc of mineral oil...a tricky task to get him to take this mineral oil to loosen him up... However, we tried Plan B first....soaked him in warm water in the laundry tub for over an hour...not a lot of fun standing over the laundry tub for an hour, but it worked...got him out of the water, dried him off somewhat and about 20 minutes later he blew the butt plug out on the tile in the living room and then laid a fairly large long log too... Yea! No mineral oil needed. Tito immediately started moving faster and is now on patrol of his territory which is the great room... Why did this work...well...one characteristic of the Sonoran Desert Tortoise is they can drink water via their butt... So a very lengthy soak can and in Tito's case, it worked...,hydrate the tortoise's intestinal tract...

The mineral oil would have been tricky, You have to hide the plastic syringe in a piece of Kale and then when he opens his mouth to bite the kale, you shoot a bit of mineral into his open mouth and then get retract the syringe before he chomps the kale... You can get about half a cc in each time so it takes a long time and Tito is not the most patient tortoise when it comes to food...

Anyway plan C was to take him to the Exotic Animal Veterinary Clinic in Tucson. No need now!

Best,
Phil

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Hi Folks,

Update of sorts..... Until today, the poor tortoise was constipated and was quite lethargic. We were going to embark on trying to give Tito 5cc of mineral oil...a tricky task to get him to take this mineral oil to loosen him up... However, we tried Plan B first....soaked him in warm water in the laundry tub for over an hour...not a lot of fun standing over the laundry tub for an hour, but it worked...got him out of the water, dried him off somewhat and about 20 minutes later he blew the butt plug out on the tile in the living room and then laid a fairly large long log too... Yea! No mineral oil needed. Tito immediately started moving faster and is now on patrol of his territory which is the great room... Why did this work...well...one characteristic of the Sonoran Desert Tortoise is they can drink water via their butt... So a very lengthy soak can and in Tito's case, it worked...,hydrate the tortoise's intestinal tract...

The mineral oil would have been tricky, You have to hide the plastic syringe in a piece of Kale and then when he opens his mouth to bite the kale, you shoot a bit of mineral into his open mouth and then get retract the syringe before he chomps the kale... You can get about half a cc in each time so it takes a long time and Tito is not the most patient tortoise when it comes to food...

Anyway plan C was to take him to the Exotic Animal Veterinary Clinic in Tucson. No need now!

Best,
Phil
Well , I'm glad everything came out ok... everything came out o.... I started reading about a constipated turtle, why ? I have no earthly idea , I ASSUMED some back story about a clogged up Ranger on race day would be triggered here ... I did find myself genuinely concerned for the damn turtle though. ?, I'm messing with you Phil ! I cry like a baby when any animal get hurt ? and would have been right there at the vet with ya...
my plan "D" would have involved compressed air...

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
And now that I'm drinking and thinking about it , Phil has a turtle ? The man that made a Pinto go ZOOM has a ?? Did he mod it ? How could he watch something so damn slow after all those years of making things go so damn fast ? Is it a road track turtle or oval ? He poop to the left ? Too much wedge ? NO WAY IS THIS A STOCK TURTLE ! Tito is modded, no doubt ...

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Happy belated birthday Phil.

Somehow missed this thread for a while. :facepalm: