Tringram19

Tringram19

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 1989 Ford Ranger STX
Nice job on your truck! Black paint is a tough one to keep that blemish free mirror like shine. You look off to a great start!

I would be interested in what ceramic you used.

I have wolfgangs ceramic coating ready to install on my blue ranger. I’m waiting for a string of nice days I can work slowly and not have freezing fingers.
I used carpro cquartz. And agreed this is my first black vehicle so was certainly a new beast to tackle. This was also my first go at ceramic coating and I’m pleased with how it came out. Regular cleaning and hopefully it’ll stay looking this great for a while. I love the blue it was between blue and black for me. I only wish the rangers would have came in the abyss grey, I’d have been all over that
Sponsored

pa-fatboy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Mustang GT Premium, 1966 Mustang Convertible C Code, 2019 Ford Fusion, 2005 Ford Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
I used carpro cquartz. And agreed this is my first black vehicle so was certainly a new beast to tackle. This was also my first go at ceramic coating and I’m pleased with how it came out. Regular cleaning and hopefully it’ll stay looking this great for a while. I love the blue it was between blue and black for me. I only wish the rangers would have came in the abyss grey, I’d have been all over that
I have been using car pro reload after every wash (foam cannon then double bucket method). You just spray it on and wipe it off. It helps the ceramic stay sharp. I’ve been doing that for 4 years to my mustang. It still looks great. Oh, one tip a professional detailer gave me, pick up the edge less microfiber towels from car pro. If you allow the normal microfiber towel edges to rub on the paint as you apply reload, you are potentially causing swirls in your paint. I have been using them for 4 years now. I can’t complain.

good luck, I’ll keep watching your progress!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tringram19

Tringram19

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have been using car pro reload after every wash (foam cannon then double bucket method). You just spray it on and wipe it off. It helps the ceramic stay sharp. I’ve been doing that for 4 years to my mustang. It still looks great. Oh, one tip a professional detailer gave me, pick up the edge less microfiber towels from car pro. If you allow the normal microfiber towel edges to rub on the paint as you apply reload, you are potentially causing swirls in your paint. I have been using them for 4 years now. I can’t complain.

good luck, I’ll keep watching your progress!
Appreciate the advice. I’ve gotten big into detailing with my last few vehicles.. My first truck was a 94 Chevy I picked up in 2012 with 64k miles and I’d wash and wax it every week thinking I was getting somewhere. Luckily I’ve listened to advice like that and have gotten a lot better. Hopefully my trucks appreciate it ?

RangerVA

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I’m actually a good ways south of Dale City. My uncle details big trucks, fire engines, and anything else that gets brought by. They dropped that big boy off while we were working on mine. Had a chance to check out your profile, your truck looks awesome!
Ah gotcha. Must be a lot of work to detail big trucks. And thanks man! Hope to see you on the Road. Not many black Rangers that I’ve seen so far.

OP
OP
Tringram19

Tringram19

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah gotcha. Must be a lot of work to detail big trucks. And thanks man! Hope to see you on the Road. Not many black Rangers that I’ve seen so far.
Same. I’ve only seen about 3 or 4 other rangers on the road, but have yet to see another black ranger on the road.

OP
OP
Tringram19

Tringram19

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haven’t posted in a bit. But I have since installed LED fog lights along with the LED switch back turn signals. Got my raptor grille and a little later the raptor lights went on. Also picked up a set of the ranger raptor wheels along with some 1.25 inch spacers from BORA. Both will be in by the end of the month early next month. I will have to get some pictures of the truck with the new lights but the Raptor style grill looks great and has me excited for the wheels to come in.
C2ACE453-2183-4498-A6AF-BDB68246A3FC.jpeg
A4267FA4-84E2-4809-8FC7-6F4D70CF3C00.jpeg

OP
OP
Tringram19

Tringram19

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couldn’t help myself. Picked up the Borla exhaust. MBRP just wasn’t the sound I was looking for. Exhaust should be here within a week or so and the wait still continues for the raptor wheels.

RangerVA

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Couldn’t help myself. Picked up the Borla exhaust. MBRP just wasn’t the sound I was looking for. Exhaust should be here within a week or so and the wait still continues for the raptor wheels.
Which MBRP do you currently have?

OP
OP
Tringram19

Tringram19

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still waiting on my wheels. Looking like it will be August before I get them, better late than never I suppose. I had planned to do katzkin leather seats later in the year but after a camping trip and dogs jumping from seat to seat that got moved up. Dropped it off yesterday morning hoping they would have it done today, but looks like tomorrow is going to be more realistic (holding my truck hostage) lol. Will be sure to post a picture once I get the truck back.

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I know you said your turn down MBRP was not loud enough for you. Any other issues? Drone? Fumes? I am looking at this in stainless and to be honest I am doing it more for the flow than the sound.

OP
OP
Tringram19

Tringram19

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know you said your turn down MBRP was not loud enough for you. Any other issues? Drone? Fumes? I am looking at this in stainless and to be honest I am doing it more for the flow than the sound.
There is a little bit of drone with the turn down at low rpms. I think it’s due to the fact it takes away the stock pipe coming from the cats with the bend material. Honestly I would look at routes that don’t require that to be removed.

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
There is a little bit of drone with the turn down at low rpms. I think it’s due to the fact it takes away the stock pipe coming from the cats with the bend material. Honestly I would look at routes that don’t require that to be removed.
Is this a highway speeds or mostly around town? I believe that all the current systems have some drone, but just wondering how bad this one is. How does the wife like it? That is usually the deciding factor. LMAO.

OP
OP
Tringram19

Tringram19

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is this a highway speeds or mostly around town? I believe that all the current systems have some drone, but just wondering how bad this one is. How does the wife like it? That is usually the deciding factor. LMAO.
She loved both of them. I’m coming from a 5.0 150 with Borla atak and she hated that way to loud for her. I’m not getting any drone with my current system and it’s running the stock pipe to the muffler.
Sponsored