First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Interested in the 1” level. What is a reasonable price to pay to have someone install ?
It shouldnt take more than 2hr labor, shop might charge 1.0hr per side. I lived close to Robby of Ford Ranger Lifts and he was able to knock it out in about an hour but he probably does quite a bit of them. From there just factor in their shop labor rater per hour.

I had my alignment done after but honestly, it didnt really need it. JUST MAKE SURE the shop has the Tremor in their system. When I did mine it was hard finding a shop with the Tremor which actually does have different alignment values than the FX4. The before numbers were not really too bad but I didnt want to change any kind of weird wear on the tires.

Oh and if you are in So Cal, just take it to Aldo at Central Tire #5, their alignments are excellent.
https://g.page/Central-Tire-Service-5?share
Sponsored

CATX

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger TURBO
Awesome thank you for this info. Very helpful.

CATX

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger TURBO
Just got the 1” level from fordrangerlifts installed.

I like the change - subtle but perfect in my opinion. Still minimal rake but much improved.

took shop 2 hours to install, including alignment. They charged $450 (including alignment) which I thought was a little high but they did a good job.

Off road kings in El Monte, CA.
Attached are alignment numbers - don’t know what they mean really but they did say they used Tremor Specifications.

7A191B6D-3595-48C4-9E0F-50677071595E.jpeg

6D5E60B4-3C0E-4B7C-9CFB-DF1E65D1798F.jpeg

LowKeyTremor

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor Lariat
Occupation
Business Owner/Partner & IT
That's what my Tremor came with stock, so I think a 285 70r 17 would fit with aftermarket crash bars and slight trimming.
👍😉
I was about to mention that I strongly agreed, with a strange abundance of confidence, that 265/70 R17 would fit like a charm… Mainly because it’s not at all and increase in size :)

I have 1.5” hubcentric wheel spacers (at that size, they probably are all hubcentric… Definitely should be). **WARNING**
  • It’s flat out looks perfect! More aggressive stance, plus I am actually surprisingly a pretty big fan of that tires they use & like seeing more of the tread pattern!
**Something To Beware**
The spacers (1.5” in my case) give it that great look, wide stance, and probably allow for bigger tires in certain situations. BUT:

They do change where the tire needs the most clearance, so I quickly learned that this new awesome look/Aggressive stance came with a cruel joke… That joke being:
  • My STOCK TIRES THEN RUBBED IN MULTIPLE SPOTS.
  • Sometimes in stock configuration, wheels tucked under, they can handle a larger diameter than if you were to have a spacer, or possibly the new wheels w/ offset that kicked it out a bit.
But in the big picture, all I did was Speed up, but I was already planning
  1. I went ahead and immediately bought the EZ Lift High Clearance crash bars/anti-intrusion bars. I just wanted to keep the safety feature there… Because it actually looks to me like these new ones are much stronger, as the stock ones are big, but they are hollow and the steel is not as strong as might be expected. On the flipside, the new ones have thicker walls, even in the high clearance area, which has little fins, even on that, which are thick, and would improve strength. Feels like a win-win to me.
  2. I bought the rough country 2.5 inch leveling kit… Unfortunately, between the shops, I will only use their own parts for being able to back them, and of course, being able to make the profit on the sale, plus the other two shops I use, they immediately checked, and saw that it specifically stated not to use on the Tremor. Even offering to basically take them off the hook for their entire installation, they refuse to install it. So the second shop, I pulled the sticker off, but they still knew the trimmer had some differences, and with a call to rough country, I got a big, no way, not installing!
PLAN B FOR THE LEVELING KIT
  1. I was going to just go ahead and install it myself. I’ve done way harder things installation, wise and I just didn’t have the time, but I was going to make it work.
  2. Luckily, I came across Ford Ranger Lifts and saw a 2 inch specifically for a Ford Ranger Tremor! I didn’t even have to think about it… Reached out to Robby, loved what I heard, and immediately bought it.
I haven’t had the time, but I think between now and the weekend, and should be able to go ahead and get that completed, along with an alignment immediately after.

I’ve got any saggy issues already handled and sitting in my garage, next to the 2 inch front spacers.
Sponsored