First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
engineer
I made a bunch of FORSCAN chime/lighting changes but still unable to find the setting that turns off the "Transmission Not In Park" chime if the vehicle is moving with the door open. It's annoying when I'm creeping through the gate keeping my eye on dogs but the door is open. I found a setting in IPC labeled "Not In Park" but that didn't affect it. Anybody successfully turn this one off? I also enabled "Dark Mode" but the bed lamp still comes on - is there a separate setting for that one? When I'm camping in remote areas down here near the border I don't like announcing my presence to every cartel mule within 2 miles.

thx
Sponsored

OP
OP

mdinaz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
engineer
Clearly "dark mode" enabled didn't do much because it still lights up like a football stadium when I open the door - but the system says "dark mode" is on. Any ideas?

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Dark mode just puts a menu item in the IPC settings, you have to use the steering wheel controls to select it - (on/off)

OP
OP

mdinaz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
engineer
Clearly "dark mode" enabled didn't do much because it still lights up like a football stadium when I open the door - but the system says "dark mode" is on. Any ideas?
I answered my own question on that - apparently you have to go in to the control panel settings and turn on "silent mode" (was already enabled in the Forscan) - not sure how people can hear lights but that seems to have done it. That leaves the transmission not in park chime, the last of my major pet peeves when it comes to the electronics.

OP
OP

mdinaz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
engineer
Dark mode just puts a menu item in the IPC settings, you have to use the steering wheel controls to select it - (on/off)
Yep - I just answered myself on that. Thanks. Not exactly intuitive that "silent mode" turns off lights.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
I get the 'transmission not in park' if I shut the engine off when not in park.
Maybe you want is the 'door ajar' chime.

OP
OP

mdinaz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
engineer
I get the 'transmission not in park' if I shut the engine off when not in park.
Maybe you want is the 'door ajar' chime.
"Door Ajar" chime is off. If the vehicle is on but not moving and the door opens, that chime no longer sounds. But if the car is in gear there are two dash warnings/chimes - one for the door and one for the transmission not in park.

Grandaccess

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Computer Consultant
now I want a bumper sticker that says if you hear the chime it wanst meant for you LOL

OP
OP

mdinaz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
engineer
"Door Ajar" chime is off. If the vehicle is on but not moving and the door opens, that chime no longer sounds. But if the car is in gear there are two dash warnings/chimes - one for the door and one for the transmission not in park.
I found an additional setting to turn on the Chime Menu, which shows up in the dash. It's only option is to turn off "informational" chimes. I did that but the Transmission Not In Park still chimes. I saw a setting for "Not In Park" but toggling that did not appear to make any difference so I don't know what that one is for.
Sponsored