Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
So I installed the TruxSport today - I had the cover manufactured after September where there is no bulk head bar to install. But hey I pulled out the dealer installed bed liner and I'm happy I did there where leaves and all types of crap under there. Then I read the right instructions that showed I did not need to do that. I did not take the chance to properly install the weather seals that LoneRanger shows :) opps but hey I didn't swear to much (had my 10 year old helping). The install took about an hour - takes time to line it up and figure out things. I have some gaps that I will need to fill in - but I'm not as much about waterproof - just a cover to keep things in the back when we run out as a family to Costco etc... I have 3 kids and usually have at least one with me. Love the look of the cover also. I wanted to also show off my eldest sons awesome creativity - he designed our family logo

%20.jpg
img_4166-jpeg.jpg
Okay...Another Back Story...

One of my engineers bought a F150 and decided to do a drop in bed liner as his thought was that when he sold it, he would pull the bed liner and sell the vehicle with a pickup box in pristine shape and then sell the drop in liner and recoup his cost. As the vehicle was brand spanking new when the liner was installed, this would be a major selling feature to have a used truck with a pristine pick up box.. He asked me for help as my NVH engineer was trying to solve a headboard Moan in the Cab by using a drop in liner. This development was accomplished by measuring the sound spectrum with and without the bed liner. And repeated, which meant the the liner had to be removed...Not all that easy. So since I had the experience with my NVH engineer telling me what a PITA it was to remove, I when to help the engineer selling his F150. So not too hard, we had bed liner out of the vehicle...Much to my surprise and his chagrin...the pickup box looked like crap and was totally scratched up to the point that he made the decision to put the liner back in the box and sell the truck "as is".... I took that lesson when I put in the drop in liner in my 2007 Ranger....I left it in there on the trade in on my 2019 Ranger Lariat... Was never a fan of spray in...but I admit it is the way to go IMO!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Enginering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored

OP
OP
John Lyman

John Lyman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x2 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you Phil - my original plan was to do a spray in liner and maybe will do this later. The bed liner was in there when I picked up the truck as a little bonus. I also like tiger breed mats.

MannyS

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Truxedo Pro X 15 or Truxedo Lo Pro