First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
It's a Ford sliding (rolling locking] cover & it leaks.

Leaks from side rails & drips from the cover grooves. No leaking is apparent from the 2 drain lines.

This has been ungoing & now that we are back in Florida for 2 high school graduations & coupled with the start of the rainy season, WOW, 2" of hard rain yesterday & of course with the rake all the water is at the front of the bedline.

I'm almost at the point of removing it, & the bedliner & getting it LineXed & possibly an extang cover.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
Sponsored

AshtonP5

First Name
Ashton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
It's a Ford sliding (rolling locking] cover & it leaks.

Leaks from side rails & drips from the cover grooves. No leaking is apparent from the 2 drain lines.

This has been ungoing & now that we are back in Florida for 2 high school graduations & coupled with the start of the rainy season, WOW, 2" of hard rain yesterday & of course with the rake all the water is at the front of the bedline.

I'm almost at the point of removing it, & the bedliner & getting it LineXed & possibly an extang cover.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
I have a very budget cover (Gator Soft Tri Fold) and it has never leaked even during super wind heavy rains. I can’t recommend it enough, but I do like the nicer more expensive ones.

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
I have a very budget cover (Gator Soft Tri Fold) and it has never leaked even during super wind heavy rains. I can’t recommend it enough, but I do like the nicer more expensive ones.
100% agree, had a gator soft trifold, and it never leaked at all. Then went to a hard trifold and it leaks in the front by the bulkhead and at the tailgate. I actually miss the gator, even though the hardcover offers better security and is quicker and easier to open.

khyros

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Crewcab FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I might suggest reinstalling it. I have the same cover, installed by Ford, and for the first year, I only got water by the tailgate. I now get a bit of a drip by the drivers wheel arch, but not much of one. It's possible the mod center did a really poor job installing it for you - that or it's all coming from the tailgate (do you have any sort of seal there at all?) and rolling all over the place from there.

OP
OP
JACER

JACER

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
I might suggest reinstalling it. I have the same cover, installed by Ford, and for the first year, I only got water by the tailgate. I now get a bit of a drip by the drivers wheel arch, but not much of one. It's possible the mod center did a really poor job installing it for you - that or it's all coming from the tailgate (do you have any sort of seal there at all?) and rolling all over the place from there.
I do have a tailgate seal. Once we are back in Franklin, NC after both high school graduations are over, I will have it looked at there. Time to short to deal with it here in Florida & I don't trust the dealer again anyhow.

khyros

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Crewcab FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I do have a tailgate seal. Once we are back in Franklin, NC after both high school graduations are over, I will have it looked at there. Time to short to deal with it here in Florida & I don't trust the dealer again anyhow.
An easy way to see if it's coming in places besides the tailgate would be to wad up a towel right at the tailgate hinge. If the rest stays dry, then it's coming in from there and spreading throughout your bed. If it's still wet elsewhere, then you know you have a secondary leak path.
Sponsored